Thread: High tsh?

Default High tsh?

Hi ladies,
    I have a quick question - do you know what level of tsh makes difficult to get pregnant? I got my result today and it's 2,15 - is this still too high for ttc?? the Drs opinions are so different, so I really don't know what to do...

Are you on thyroid meds right now? Unmedicated the optimal levels are 1.0-3.0 but with meds my endo likes my levels to be 1.0-2.0. If they go a little lower she's okay with it but will increase my meds if it goes higher. Unmedicated, the ft4 levels should be in the middle of the lab range...usually around 1.5 but with meds the ft4 doesn't matter.

I think 2.5 is okay if you're not on meds but I would want it repeated in 6wks to make sure it's not trending upward. I think every woman's body is unique though and fertility is so multifactorial that for some women that may be too high and for others it may not be a problem even at much higher tsh levels. If it continues to rise and you aren't getting pg you could request a trial of meds (usually 25-50mcg).

Have you had your antibodies checked?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thank you for your reply! I'm on meds right now - 50 mcg. I used to have TSH below 2 and now it's again above 2...

I haven't done antibodies test. I feel that my new Dr just ignore my thyroid issue :-(

(((Hugs)))...I'm so sorry your drs aren't listening...that is so frustrating !!!

I would say that is definitely too high and you need a slight med increase. My endo would probably increase it by 1 tablet per *week*...so you'd take 50mcg for 5days and 75mcg (1.5 tabs) for two days. Maybe ask your dr for the slight increase and a recheck in 6wks?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thank you kelly!! I think I will try to find a new endo and will talk to him! After my first pregnancy my tsh was very high (above 5), then i started taking meds again and it was below 2. Now we are trying for another one and i did blood test and tsh was above 2 again...so frustrating

7. Default

Mine were at 83, not 8.3, 83 at 12 weeks pregnant with Noah!! That was the first time I had been tested because one my previous loss, thank goodness they caught it and he was ok!
    2 is a good number.

OMG!! this number sounds incredibile...you were lucky that they caught it...so sorry about your previous loss..

I just read that for getting pregnant tsh should stay below 2. if it's above it may interfere fertility. they are so many opinions...