Thread: Updates

Default Updates

Where is everyone at? I put my siggy up from My Fitness Pal, anyone wanna add me as a friend? I am getting so happy to be losing some lbs finally! In the two weeks of this diet, one of which was spent on semi-bedrest and this week, I'm down 3lbs for sure and this morning I was down another lb but didn't record it because I wasn't sure if I did it right. I wieghed with clothes and was 1lb heavier so I am waiting until tomorrow and if I am the same weight clothed or unclothed I'll record it anyway. I usually weigh clothed, how's everyone else weigh? Clothes on or Off?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Awesome job!! I use loseit and weigh myseplf naked right before my shower in the morning.

Yay Amber! How much have you lost and how long you been losing?

03/22/13

I have lost about 18 pounds I started losing weight in December but didnt get serious about it until about the middle of March.

What are you doing to lose weight? Are you exercising? I need to start exercising again but I just can't find my motivation

I am exercising a bit, not too much cuz I just had surgery 2wks ago and still recovering a little bit. I am not going to go crazy with buying a treadmill or going to the gym, that would be too much for me and I'd end up giving up really fast. I just started walking with my dogs, DH and I walk about 2hrs together maybe twice a week, it's beautiful out lately so it's mostly to enjoy the weather and get the dogs to exercise but helps us too and we get to spend time together unplugged from the internet and tv so it's a win-win.

My weight loss plan is simple, cut calories! And if I can't cut calories then I cut portions. I find that when I am hankering for something I put it into My Fitness Pal, which is pretty close to what you have, and see the nutritional facts and that deters me because I could have that brownie but then I'd have to skip a lot of things in my meal and I'd rather eat the meal. I still eat ice cream and chips but found weight watchers ice cream and smart ones ice cream and I can have BOTH each night if I stick to my meal plans! Makes me feel like I am cheating but it's still in my plan.

I did screw up last night and am regretting it this morning, I think I would have seen more weight come off but I had breaded pepperoni mozzarella stuffed chicken breast for dinner but I did cut out the marinara sauce so that was something but I should have had a half of the chicken breast but eh!

Sorry for the novel

18lbs is awesome though! What are you doing for a plan? cut calories too?

03/22/13

3/22/13 - I weighed 176 insulin level 14 today I weigh 168 insulin level at 11! Go low carb diet!!!

Lindsay that's awesome !!!!!

Cait I had to cut my calories like crazy too. I was drinking most of my calories (alcohol ) and eating nothing but crap. I now eat real whole food and we only go out to eat once a week. I'm now sticking to 1200-1400 calories a day and only drinking once (maybe twice) a week.

I've come addicted to cooking new healthy recipes...it's weird lol but I'll sit and surf the Internet or Pinterest for hours finding recipes to make.

Lindsey - That is amazing!!! Keep it up!

Amber - I am also loving the new recipes! I have to get an account on Pinterest because I've heard a lot about it. I don't really drink so it's never been a huge issue, only drink maybe once a week rarely and it's just wine so not horrible. Today I went out to eat and ate a grilled chicken salad instead of what I really wanted, cheeseburger and fries! One step at a time right?! We can go this ladies!!

We need to share recipes on the sticky too to help us!

03/22/13

Thanks ladies!!!