Thread: Doctor appointment and stuff

Default Doctor appointment and stuff

So my period started on Tuesday night =(
    I was really bummed about it, but I'm back on track.
    I also had my doctors appointment on Tuesday and my dr wasn't there. The stand in dr was nice, but really pushy about sending me off to a fertility clinic for an IUI if this next cycle doesn't work. My dr hadn't mentioned anything except making sure I got in for the blood work to make sure I was O'ing on the clomid (the first cycle I was sick and didn't make it in on day 21). He almost didn't give me a 3rd round because "theres a cap on how many times you can use it safely" and then wavered on if he should get fiance's sperm tested and if he should send me for an HSG...he finally gave me the papers for those too because he said the fertility clinic would want them done.
    I SO wasn't prepared for this. We've been trying for 27 months now but in that time it's been VERY slow moving with doctors (come back in 3 months after you've tried to drop 20 lbs, etc.) I'm almost positive this wouldn't have been MY doctors decision but I'm thinking now that another doctor recommended it or whatever she will just go with that. The semen analysis is no big deal, and I'm POSITIVE that isn't the problem. We KNOW the problem lies with me not ovulating. If there was a blockage in my tubes or something wouldn't the blood work show that my body O'd? because I've had multiple blood draws done while unmedicated and it shows nada. I also test monthly with opks and they're almost always negative unless I am on clomid. This test totally scares the bejeezus out of me. I scheduled it and they booked me for Tuesday, but I backed out because I'm a big chicken. I have exams at the end of the month and it was FREAKING me out. So I am going to do it next month if clomid doesn't work this cycle. Hopefully I can speak to my own doctor before I do it and confirm that she wants it done. It's probably a good idea to get it checked out but I'm a big baby and that seems so invasive.

I ordered PreSeed and hopefully that gets here before I O. I'll start taking clomid tomorrow (CD 5-9). I also picked up Evening Primrose Oil and I've started drinking green tea...all of which are supposed to help with CM. I think I was supposed to start the EPO and green tea on CD 1 (stopping EPO on O day) but I didn't get around to the store until today (CD 4)...hopefully that doesn't make a huge difference in their effect. I am hoping that the only reason we didn't get pregnant last month despite the strong O was because there wasn't enough CM. Hopefully I can fix that =) We could definitely use the baby dust this cycle!
    DD (7) DS (4) DSS (8)

(((Hugs)))! I'm so sorry af showed !!! Really praying this round of clomid and supplements works and you get a bfp! Just hoping you get to skip out on the testing for the best reason ever !!!

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

midgetlb6 Guest

If your scared of the JSG test don't be, it's sounds scarier then it really is, it simple it doesn't hurt except for very mild cramping, also with the clomid it can thin the lining if the uterus so I would suggest asking about the Femera, it works like clomid although it doesn't destroy the lining. I'm sorry AF showed up and whole taking the med's I would ask for a monitored cycle to look at follies and there size to see how well your responding, cd 21 lets them know if you are O'ing but doesn't tell them how many follies or size with blood work it's just a guess. U/S tells them more and what would be the best next step. Those ate just my thoughts and some if what I went thru to see how my body responded to the different med's I was on back in the day. GL this next cycle FX

midgetlb6 Guest

Oops I meant HSG dang spell check, I'm on my phone it has a mind if its own

Thanks for responding. I'm glad to see someone say it isn't that bad. Do you cramp because of the dye or the tube going in? Ugh haha I REALLY hope I get pregnant this cycle and don't have to worry about.
    I'll ask about the femera the next time I'm in. I'm in Canada, so I'm. It sure if its available here or not. I'm not sure if they do that type of monitoring here either it's never been provided or mentioned to me before but maybe I will bring that up next time too.
    Last edited by Oliveland; 05-05-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    DD (7) DS (4) DSS (8)

midgetlb6 Guest

The tube going in is super tiny you don't feel it, the first time I had it done I was fine but the 2nd time I had only slight cramping as 1 tube had a little debris in it and they had to push the dye thru, nothing a little Advil didn't take care of. Plz ask about an u/s to check folkie size it's the only way for sure to know the follies are responding to the med's. oh n if you do it, take a pad with you to catch some if the dye when some if it runs back out, it's a super easy test to do. If the Dr.'s code it right insurance will pay for it. Something like horrible menstrual cramps and bleeding cover it I don't know the code number. But plz be sure to ask about monitoring and checking your lining to make sure it's thick enough for baby to implant.
    Last edited by midgetlb6; 05-06-2013 at 07:26 AM.

I would go for all the testing and get it out of the way!! I sure hope you get a BFP soon honey.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*