Thread: Late AF and no symptoms..?

Default Late AF and no symptoms..?

I just have a few questions..

AF should have started on april 30th, and I usually have PMS (out of this world) a week before AF shows, and DH is always there to take the fall Well, I don't have any symptoms of AF showing anytime soon and, as weird as it sounds, I try to feel some kind of AF symptom.. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anything more than to be pregnant right now! But we have been TTC for about 18 months, and I just can't face another BFN.
    A little background info.. My husband just did a fertility test a month ago and we haven't heard from them yet. We joked that it was finally going to work after he got tested I went to a GYN two years ago, since two of my sisters have been diagnosed with PCO, and he said that everything was perfect. I plan to go back very soon, but I just wanted to ask you first and see if anyone has had it like this..

So I'm 3 days late, no signs of AF showing, no pregnancy symptoms. Did any of you have that when you got pregnant? and when should I test on a HPT?

Thanks

Hi, there. I was four days late before I realized I was late - I had some symptoms, but nothing that I did not dismiss as PMS. I took a test the night I realized how late I was, and even with evening urine, I got a positive.
    Once you are late, a HPT should be able to detect pregnancy hormones (some are even able to detect before a missed period). I would think that you should be able to test by now, although knowing you want to avoid a BFN if possible, you may want to wait until you are a week late.
    Good luck to you!!!
    Lily

You're already late? Take a test.

ETA: I didn't have symptoms that early on, though w/my surprise twins, I had a gut feeling about it and tested the day my period was due.
    Last edited by mla; 05-03-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Thank you both for the answers

Just took a HPT and it was a BFN.. I wonder if it is all in my head, but I've never experienced a late AF even though all my thoughts are becoming pregnant

Well, I'm now 4 days late and still no signs of AF showing.. So hopefully I will get a BFP later on just annoying to wait do you think there is a possibility I might be pg even if I didn't get a BFP yet?

I just started to feel an itch in my right nipple last night and again today.. sorry for tmi.. could that be a symptom? it doesn't really tickle, more of an itch..

Some women don't get positive HPT's until much later in their pregnancies, for some reason, but that's really rare. Maybe call your doc and see if they'll do bloodwork?

Just as I got really excited AF showed up.. And yet I have no signs of it coming.. That has never happened before, I usually have to stay at home for 2 days because of the pain.. But the pain will probably come later today oh well, we'll try again later this month