Thread: If you were me, what would you do? (x-posted in STC)

Hybrid View

Default If you were me, what would you do? (x-posted in STC)

Hi ladies. We've had two unsuccessful back to back IUIs. I've only had one follie each time but DH has had 132 million and 176 million (post wash) swimmers so you would think one would have worked by now. So, I asked for my tubes to be checked to make sure something didn't get screwed up with the D&C. Back in February, I had a saline sonogram that showed 1 or 2 small polyps in an area where implantation shouldn't occur. My RE was not concerned at all and gave us the green light to proceed with the IUI.

Yesterday, the HSG showed my tubes were open but that it appeared there were now 8-10 small polyps. Let me back up and explain that I had an HSG done four years ago before DS and there appeared to be a large polyp or shadow on the HSG then too. They did a saline sonogram shortly afterwards and found nothing, so it really was a shadow. Given the fact that the saline sonogram in February only showed a couple of polyps and it is a more accurate test of the uterine wall, should I really trust what they saw on the HSG yesterday?

So here is my real dilemma. We've already taken Clomid this cycle and they upped my dosage to 150mg. It was supposed to be my last Clomid cycle before injectibles, which we were hoping to avoid. My RE says there are no concrete studies linking polyps to unsuccessful IUIs or miscarriage. She is fine doing the IUI this cycle and if ends up BFN, I would have surgery next cycle to remove the polyps.

DH and I are torn. On the one hand, we don't want to pay out of pocket for another IUI if the polyps would prevent implantation, but if we finally get more than one follie, the temptation to do the IUI is there to give us our best chances of conceiving. If we only get one follie, we are leaning towards turning down the IUI and doing timed intercourse instead. Or, we could abandon TTCing for the rest of this cycle and see if I could schedule the surgery before AF but that means a wasted Clomid cycle on what could have been our last attempt with Clomid.

I just don't know what to do. I've always dealt with my ovaries being the issue. It is completely devastating to me that now there is something wrong with my uterus too.

What would you do if you were me?

Jen
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

midgetlb6 Guest

I would wait n see if you have 1 or more follies, if you have 1 do away with the IUI, if you have more then 1, I would go for it simply because after an HSG those swimmers glide on up to the egg. In either case I would try to get pg, like you said the other test is the only way for sure to know if you really have polyps. What ever you decide GL

I would also try for pg this month. If there is only one follie timed intercourse and if there are more IUI, it is supposed to be "easier" to get pg after an HSG!! Good Luck!!!

2/28/13

I agree with pp. and if ou dont ge pg this cycle i say ask for a hysteroscopy to see if the polyps are real or not. If they don't cause problems with implantation why do they do surgery on them? Just curious.

The acupuncturist today said that having polyps shouldn't interfere with me getting PG. I do know yesterday on the HSG they were lower in my uterus closer to my cervix and not where implantation should occur. My RE didn't say for sure we couldn't get PG with them there, but given that everything else is normal maybe that is the thing that is preventing us from getting PG. We will probably have them removed next cycle if I get a BFN just so there are no more what ifs hanging around. Pretty sure my insurance won't cover it though if it is considered treatment but who knows.

Thanks for all the advice ladies!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Thanks ladies. I think we are still going to go for it and the method will depend on the number of follies we have. I should know on Sunday what is going on in there.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Simbi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    Thanks ladies. I think we are still going to go for it and the method will depend on the number of follies we have. I should know on Sunday what is going on in there.
    sounds like a plan good luck.

Sounds like a plan to me!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I think you should go for it this cycle. Wishing you lots of luck and tons of babydust!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Wishing you tons of luck this cycle!!

Hey there Jen... man it been a long time my friend...

Sorry to hear all of this but, I agree with Midget up there. I hope all goes well and this is cycle that is it for you two. Good luck tomorrow.

I'm Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by ido040404 View Post
    Hey there Jen... man it been a long time my friend...

Sorry to hear all of this but, I agree with Midget up there. I hope all goes well and this is cycle that is it for you two. Good luck tomorrow.
    Yay! You're back! Are you TTCing again?

Thanks for the good thoughts. I have my follie check tomorrow morning. Not really having many fertile signs still so praying I've still got at least one growing in there!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012