Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update!!

Exclamation Update!!

Original Post:
    My daughter is having a lot of trouble walking. It started last Saturday, April 20th with a slight limp that was barely noticeable. On Monday the 22nd her limp was prominent but she never said it hurt but she was very emotional and cried about everything. On a walk the next day she was really struggling and kept stopping, I also notice her hesitating to go up/down stairs or steps. She collapsed 2x on the walk and started saying her leg hurt and would point to her knee. By that evening she was constantly crying and barely walking or if she walked it was extremely wobbly and she would hold onto objects for support. Took her to the Ped the next morning (the 24th) and she could still barely walk...looked like she had jello legs. x-rays ordered for her left side since that was the leg she was pointing at....nothing came up as far as bone damage. Is was ruled a sprain knee and I was told to give IBprf for pain/swelling.

Here is the thing....she has only gotten much worse since being seen. She is unable to walk without some type of support and she literally looks afraid to take the next step. She is super happy to just lay down or sit in the stroller. I have now noticed that when she is laying on her back she cannot sit up on her own. she has resorted to trying to crawl to get around but even crawling looks weird and she wobbles and will fall over. I just feel like this is not her knee. Any suggestions??

Update:
    Very quickly..... Brooke was transported via non emergency ambulance to a Pediatric unit in Los Angeles yesterday. Through motor skill evaluations today the neurologist feel she may have some swelling around her cerebellum. The only way to confirm that it is swelling and not something more serious is to get an MRI. She will remain in the hospital until the MRI and be re-evaluated with those results which will take place Friday. Last night was a nightmare as she was poked and proded until 2am..... I was getting kicked out because I had Preston with me. What else could I do he is BF only. I had to sleep in the car with him last night from 3am til 7am. That was lovely.

Came home tonight because we have no clothes, no toiletries nothing for ourselves or the baby. The hospital SW turned in our application to get a room with the Ronald McDonald house and it was accepted so the boys and myself will stay their while Brooke stays with Daddy in the Hosptial.I will update on Friday! hopefully....

Video: TBD
    Last edited by Brittany_Dawn; 05-04-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    8.6 yrs strong!! Brittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks

Oh goodness! Wishing her a speedy recovery!

Sorry this took so long but it has been very emotional for us and little Brooke. She has seen waaaaaay to many needles these past days, and we had to make the decision to put her under anesthesia..... nice of them to scare the hell out of you.
    8.6 yrs strong!! Brittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks

Thinking of you all.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Oh no! I don't even know what to say except that I will be thinking of you and hoping for a speedy diagnosis and recovery. You must be exhausted.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

So scary. I am glad they are on the ball and doing all this testing...however uncomfortable it may be. I have everything crossed that her tests come back fine. T&P's and lots of HUGS going out to both of you.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

Praying for your family! I hope they can make a diagnosis soon and she has a speedy recovery!

6w3d132 / 9w5d180 / 13w3d155

i just saw the other thread or I would have been encouraging you to ask for a head MRI to rule our hydrocephalus. Hopefully the MRI will give you some answers. My DD has had numerous MRIs, two of them were 2.5hr long sedated MRIs, so I havebeen there. It honestly is more scary for us than it is for the kiddos, I think.

PS I can't believe they would kick you and the baby out! Who the hell cares if he is in the room with your daughter?

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

Oh my goodness, how scary! Lots of prayers!
    Jennifer

Oh my god, I hope everything is OK. Please KUP as best you can. Thinking about you and your little family.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Lots and lots of prayers for Brooke and your entire family.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

I hope everything is ok. Thinking of you and your DD.

Oh my, how scary. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Scary and stressful time for sure. I hope that the MRI shows the best possible scenario. Praying for your family.

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Keeping your family in my thoughts. (hugs)

Thank you for taking the time to update us, even while you are in the middle of this stressful situation. Please don't apologize, we are not priority right now. Just know that we are all here for you, thinking of and/or praying for you and your daughter and family. I hope that helps in some small way.
    Praying for answers, wisdom, peace and healing!

Thinking of you all.

Thinking of you all.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (20M)

Thinking of you and sweet Brooke. I can imagine how scared you both are. I hope the MRI goes smoothly, and you get answers as to what is going on with your baby girl.

Praying for your family today.

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (6.5, 4.5, 3, 1.5)

Thinking of you guys and hoping you get some answers very soon!
    AKA Lisa724

Oh wow, hoping everything turns out ok! I'll be thinking about all of ya'll!
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

What a frightening experience for you all. Add me to the many people who have been wondering what is going on with Brooke and hoping for the best for her and you all. Thank you for posting the update, and I hope you get some answers soon. I'm sorry this has been so traumatic.

Oh gosh, how scary and exhausting. I'm glad you updated - I've been thinking about you and Brooke. All of my thoughts are with you for quick and accurate diagnosis and for peace and comfort for her through all of this.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this. I hope the MRI goes well and you guys have some answers soon.

Lauren (29) Wife of 10 years to J.R.(30) Mom to Bayleigh (8) & Jack (3)

you are in my thoughts and prayers

Thanks for updating! Glad you are going to get some answers. Sedation for MRI is really safe, will definitely be harder on you than on her. Keeping you guys in my thoughts!! Way too much to deal with all at once. Hang in there mom.

Oh my goodness, this must be so hard on all of you! Thank goodness she's being looked over thoroughly. Will be thinking of you all and praying for good news for Brooke!!
    ~Andrea~

Praying it isn't something serious! Poor baby.
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

So sorry you are having to dealing with this! Will say some prayers for your family!! Hoping its nothing to serious!
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10