Thread: Update!!

Threaded View

Exclamation Update!!

Original Post:
    My daughter is having a lot of trouble walking. It started last Saturday, April 20th with a slight limp that was barely noticeable. On Monday the 22nd her limp was prominent but she never said it hurt but she was very emotional and cried about everything. On a walk the next day she was really struggling and kept stopping, I also notice her hesitating to go up/down stairs or steps. She collapsed 2x on the walk and started saying her leg hurt and would point to her knee. By that evening she was constantly crying and barely walking or if she walked it was extremely wobbly and she would hold onto objects for support. Took her to the Ped the next morning (the 24th) and she could still barely walk...looked like she had jello legs. x-rays ordered for her left side since that was the leg she was pointing at....nothing came up as far as bone damage. Is was ruled a sprain knee and I was told to give IBprf for pain/swelling.

Here is the thing....she has only gotten much worse since being seen. She is unable to walk without some type of support and she literally looks afraid to take the next step. She is super happy to just lay down or sit in the stroller. I have now noticed that when she is laying on her back she cannot sit up on her own. she has resorted to trying to crawl to get around but even crawling looks weird and she wobbles and will fall over. I just feel like this is not her knee. Any suggestions??

Update:
    Very quickly..... Brooke was transported via non emergency ambulance to a Pediatric unit in Los Angeles yesterday. Through motor skill evaluations today the neurologist feel she may have some swelling around her cerebellum. The only way to confirm that it is swelling and not something more serious is to get an MRI. She will remain in the hospital until the MRI and be re-evaluated with those results which will take place Friday. Last night was a nightmare as she was poked and proded until 2am..... I was getting kicked out because I had Preston with me. What else could I do he is BF only. I had to sleep in the car with him last night from 3am til 7am. That was lovely.

Came home tonight because we have no clothes, no toiletries nothing for ourselves or the baby. The hospital SW turned in our application to get a room with the Ronald McDonald house and it was accepted so the boys and myself will stay their while Brooke stays with Daddy in the Hosptial.I will update on Friday! hopefully....

Video: TBD
    Last edited by Brittany_Dawn; 05-04-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks