Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just gonna hang out in here for a moment...

Default Just gonna hang out in here for a moment...

Sooooo... I just need some over-anxious-momma support. I know there are a lot of new faces around here but I'm definitely an oldie. Kiddos numbers one and two were textbook pregnancies. No issues, etc. Then I had five losses (all in the first trimester). During number five I called a RE. I got pregnant with my super sweet (almost one-year-old) baby Carter and had to take progesterone, baby aspirin, and a special prenatal for women who have MTHFR (which I found out I do).

We were done with kiddos.

And now I'm in the two week wait.

Well, let's just say dh was done and I am on the fence. LOL! We dtd last week on cd8 & 11 without protection and I'm pretty sure I o'ed on CD13. I'm still breastfeeding so I haven't been temping often, just enough to see if my baseline is the same as it was before (which it is).

But now I'm sort of freaking out. I've had my cycle back for three months now. But with my history of losses, I'm SO super paranoid that I'll have another one. I have progesterone issues and I have no pills. My OB won't give me a prescription without a positive test. So now I'm here, waiting. I have about 15 Wondfo tests leftover so I plan on testing starting sometime early next week. I know I o'ed Monday at the latest and with C I got my positive at 9dpo. I just want to be sure to catch it early enough to start progesterone before it's too late.

I know that was long winded. to those that know me. Sorry to freak out here... just can't post anything anywhere else. Even dh doesn't know how close we dtd to O. I had been o'ing a lot later, which is why I didn't call for the CONDOM. A baby would be so welcome but I think he would be stressed at first. I've always wanted four.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

Wow! Well, this is a big deal for sure. Could you maybe do progesterone cream for the time being?

Quote Originally Posted by mla View Post
    Wow! Well, this is a big deal for sure. Could you maybe do progesterone cream for the time being?
    I agree with this. And when I saw your post on FB about Carter turning 1 I thought to myself, that is right around when I started wanting another one.

Well Brett has been ADAMANT about not wanting another. I mean... it was all I could do to convince him to hold off on a vasectomy. But lately he's even had thoughts of another. The other day he told me he's been thinking how nice it would be to have another girl. My cycles are still regulating apparently and after a lot of wine (lol) the other night, I told him we'd be fine without a condom. I thought we would be - it was only cd11 and I'd been o'ing much later. But then the next day O pains started. I decided to temp Tuesday morning and today and both were above 98.0. I've also been having a lot of heaviness and corpus luteum cyst pain.

I'm a little paranoid about taking progesterone while breastfeeding, too.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

Ironically enough, this is exactly how my pregnancy with Carter went. I had just started my testing with the RE. I'd had an HSG which gave me AWFUL back pain for a week. We were supposed to be avoiding because I'd just had a loss and my test results hadn't come back yet. I took an OPK, negativo. DTD and o'ed the next day! LOL!

Just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck!!!

Hi!

Although I'm sure it would be super stressful, it sounds like you guys are open to adding to your family...I hope you get whatever result you are looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by haydensmom View Post
    Ironically enough, this is exactly how my pregnancy with Carter went. I had just started my testing with the RE. I'd had an HSG which gave me AWFUL back pain for a week. We were supposed to be avoiding because I'd just had a loss and my test results hadn't come back yet. I took an OPK, negativo. DTD and o'ed the next day! LOL!
    Similar experience here...thought I might O early based on cm but had no idea we were supposed to be preventing so we dtd. I went to the RE the next day who said prevent, Oed 2 days later (6days earlier than usual)...oops!! Guess what...bfp, lol (u/s tomorrow to confirm viability, I'll be 7wks on Saturday...scared.to.death!!!).

(((BIG HUGS))) my heart sure goes out to you! I'm so sorry your dr won't prescribe progesterone...ugh...that just makes me so frustrated for you !! With your hx that just doesn't make sense ! Are you on aspirin yet? I would at least start that asap.

I have been taking progesterone during the 2nd half of my cycle (vaginally) since January when ds was 11months. I also take LD aspirin throughout my cycle and we are still bfing . The pg hormones have dried up my milk a little but ds doesn't seem to mind. I haven't read or heard anything that it's contraindicated while nursing. I know it's expensive and probably not nearly as effective but maybe an otc progesterone cream might be better than nothing...not sure but thought I'd throw that out there as an option. I just hate sitting around waiting and doing nothing...so nerve-wracking , I'm so sorry!!

Praying for you !!!

midgetlb6 Guest

Girl we talked n you know how I feel and what we talked about so if it happens then you know god had plans for you no matter what you n DH think you can and can't handle. I know this baby would be a welcome into your family even if it wasn't planned. How awesome would it be, C n this baby would be closer in age and grow up together just as your 2 others are close in age and growing together. I pray you get the outcome you hope for. FX sweetie and I'm praying that If this comes to be that it is stress free and that you start on the med's you need to sustain. call me if you wanna talk. Secretly I hope you are, oops guess it's not a secret anymore

Just didn't want to read and not add my support. We're here for you! KUP!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by mla View Post
    This is what I was thinking too.

2/09 6/09 4/14

Wow Jess!! Another little cutie would be so awesome!! I can imagine your stress level at this point though. Did you specifically ask your Dr if they'd be willing to let you start the prog early instead of after a BFP? Or is that just the protocol? I'd try asking again if you can. I have everything crossed for you and hoping for the best!!
    ~Andrea~

Good luck!

I'm sorry your Doc won't give you the Progesterone. I'm mean I understand, with all the oxy and vicodin that flies off of Doctor's script pads can't be too careful with progesterone, you may smoke it or something

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)
    Trying to complete our family...My Ovulation Chart for my LAST try !

I hope you get the results you want and everything work out for the best in the end.

Wow, that's exciting! Really hoping you get that unexpected surprise!!!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Jess, you know I'm looking for a partner right Lol. On a serious note, I'm hoping you both get the results you want.
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

Thanks for all the support ladies! I'm psychotic and have already tested twice. At the most I'm only 8dpo, so it's truly crazy. But I have cheapies and can't seem to help myself. WebRep

currentVote

noRating
    noWeight

LOL, I'm obsessive like that too...you're in good company !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

So I've been holding off on telling dh anything bc I knew he would freak out. Well tonight my cat crawled up on my heat and laid there for over an hour (she never sits on us). When I mentioned how weird it was he's like, "you better not be pregnant. Weird stuff like that happens when you are." So of course I tell him there's a small chance and he's like aghhhhhhh. This was not planned and I knew he'd freak if I got a positive but I just didn't want him to be stressed out, too, until we know for sure. I would obviously love another but it's not like I tricked him. We are just horrible about using protection. Notice the WE there. ;)

Just venting. So now I feel even more stressed bc he knows. Ugh.

Oh man that should say chest not heat. On phone and it won't let me edit.

Animals do have a sense about those things! And I am loling about heat instead of chest because it sounds like something out of a smutty novel. The cat crawled up on my heat.

My old cat slept ON my belly my entire pregnancy with DD. He never slept there! He definitely knew something was up.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

I'm sorry if that sounds whiny. Or smutty lol. But dh freaked out about carter and we went to an RE to get him. Lol. He just tends to over stress.

It will all work out.

My husband tends to freak out too even when he knows it is coming. When I told him I was pregnant with Ava the first thing he did was start freaking out and crunching numbers. With Olivia it was, "well how did that happen?"

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    My husband tends to freak out too even when he knows it is coming. When I told him I was pregnant with Ava the first thing he did was start freaking out and crunching numbers. With Olivia it was, "well how did that happen?"
    Lol! Love it, Rachel!

I'm anxious to see today's test, especially after the cat's odd behavior! And guys aren't as great as handling stress as us ladies, but I'm sure DH will be just as excited as ever after the nerves wear off.

Is this an evap?? Photo taken within ten minutes.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...ncy-test126615
    Slightly different angle
    http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...ncy-test126616
    Last edited by haydensmom; 05-08-2013 at 07:06 AM.

I don't see anything on that one

How many DPO are you now?

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)
    Trying to complete our family...My Ovulation Chart for my LAST try !