Thread: Doubt is creeping in...supply issues? Teething? Growth spurt? What?

Default Doubt is creeping in...supply issues? Teething? Growth spurt? What?

I realize that this is my fourth baby I have breast fed. But this time it was so different. After she was born she was great at the breast. She gained like a champ, slept wonderfully and I had zero doubts the entire system was working. Now, we are sitting at almost 8 months and now I am starting to have doubts. Last night she was up every two hours and she was crazed and appeared to be hungry. So I nursed (like I always do at night). This morning I expected to feel a huge weight in her diaper from all the milk she consumed. But it was just a below normal diaper for her n the morning. That of course lead me to think supply issues. From her 4 month appointment (95% in weight) to her 6 month checkup she dropped down to the 75%. Ok, that in itself is not at all alarming, but I am looking at it as more of a piece to the puzzle. Or is there a major GS that happens about now? Maybe she is just hitting a more calorie intense time? She is eating solids (purees) but we are still in the beginning stage of that with her since she was just not at all ready until late last month.

Ok, I really don't know what my question is. I guess this is just more of a rant and a plee for sleep to my little lady. I fear my supply is dwindling and the end is near. I just don't want to think that.i might just be over analyzing the details from the last few days. Maybe I just need to chill and let this all work itself out.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

Has your period returned? Could you be pregnant?

I would probably say at this point, as long as she still has a normal amount of wet diapers, just let it work itself out. It could be a GS, it could be teething, it could be that crazy sleep regression that happens around 8-9 months..... Unless it's really broken, it probably doesn't need fixed.

i was going to say gs. v did something similar about that time too. and she eventually went back to normal. (if you can call anything normal!)

Right, nothing is normal right now. We go from up every two hours to sleeping for her nap (right now) for three plus hours. urgh!! All I want is some consistency. I can't judge things on one night or even a handful of nights. Thanks for the support girls!

Oh, and I doubt very highly I am pregnant since I had the tubal with my last c-section. If I am...Holy Mama! I will be in the fertility hall of fame after being infertile for years prior to D birth! LOL I wonder if I am gearing up for my cycle and that is messing with my production. But I am not getting the cycle. I bet I am still just mixed up with my hormone and getting normalized after Violet birth.