Thread: Ovulation day = boy or girl!

Default Ovulation day = boy or girl!

I know all about x and y chrom and the shuttles method and all that, my question is when you conceived (ovulation day or how many days before) and if you had a boy or girl!! Thanks guys!

I don't put any stock in this at all...I conceived 3 babies on the same day, from the same IUI, and had 1 boy and 2 girls

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

I did IUIs with triggers for my first two pregnancies so same conception days. I had a boy the first time and twin girls the second time. I put no stock in it.

Didn't work for me. I purposely planned it for O day. I even used a digital O monitor. Had a girl! My other 2 girls I am not sure when they were conceived in relation to O.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (20M)

Conceived on O day here too and got a girl.

I only know o day for 3 of mine--a boy and 2 girls. I even commeted to dh with the last one that it should be a boy as we only did it that one time anywhere around O. It wasn't

With my boys, we more than likely conceived very close to O day if not on it, but I'm just speculating because we weren't charting. Actually, I couldn't chart if I wanted to because in both cases I had a lot of mid-cycle bleeding, probably from coming off of the Depo shot. I just know that we were in the newlywed stage still, if you know what I mean.

With DD, we last DTD about 5-6 days prior to O, and then again 2 days after. We weren't TTC at that time. She was a pleasant surprise.

I bought the book, read it front to back and guess what...with the Shettles method(and using ovulation strips and temping) i still got a girl. I have a feeling, this baby I am carrying is also a girl and I also did the same thing again.

So I put 0 stock into it and 0 faith that it actually works.

I 100% believe it is a 50/50 shot every time regardless of what you do!

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

Not sure on my second baby but my first was conceived two days before O.

Blog Entries

For the two that I was temping I got the exact opposite. The day of = girl. The two days before = boy.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

My friend did the Shettles method and didn't get the gender she wanted. She also ended up extra disappointed because it got her hopes up.

The Shettles method has been debunked.
    This is MammaMia. I've lost my password.

We conceived the day before I ovulated, and we have a son.
    Jennifer

Shettles was way wrong this time. We DTD the day after O and conceived a girl!

Baby #1 I can't really say because we dtd like every day for a week & a half, until the ovulation test was negative. We didn't know anything about ttc, and I just came off of Ortho Evra. She is a girl.

Baby #2 Dtd 2-3 days before O & couldn't again until after O. I'm sure of when I ovulated. He's a boy.

Baby #3 Dtd on the day of O & 2 days after-girl

Baby #4 Dtd ONLY the day of O, thought it might be too late, even. Boy.

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (6.5, 4.5, 3, 1.5)