Thread: Cloth diaper pail

Hybrid View

Default Cloth diaper pail

Any recommendations for a good cloth diaper pail?

FB are pretty good, but I've had leak issues through the zipper at the bottom if I use it to throw a diaper I've sprayed off in.

GM hanging pails are good (and huge) but expensive.

I've also used a WAHM one, but it fell apart in about 6 months (don't remember who the WAHM was), but that is just one experience adn I know there are some awesome WAHM out there.

Planetwise are pretty popular but I've never used them.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I use a regular trash can (bought at walmart or target) with a lid and line it with a pail liner. I got one from kanga care for $5. It was a seconds. I can't find anything wrong with it. It's my favorite one.

I used a kitchen trash can with a roll top lid. The Blueberry diapers pail liners work great in them. Now, I just use the pail liner without a trash can since I don't have a good spot for it.
    ~ Shannon
    Michael, Married October, 2003
    Jessica, June 2005 ~ Kyle, September 2007 ~ Michaela, March 2010 ~ Abigail, June 2012

We use a trashcan with a stepon lid and a PlanetWise liner. Works great, no smell!
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)

I don't have any recommendations, because I actually made my own big wetbag, with a zipper. Works great, no leaks, no smells.
    Jennifer

10 gallon bucket my husband brought in from the garage. Lid keeps the odor contained.
    Me 38, DH 38, DS 5/28/08, DS 7/6/10

We have the Planetwise Hanging Wet/Dry bag. Put a command hook on the wall and it can handle upto 3 days of full time cloth diapers hanging there. No stinks, no leaks, just a cute print hanging there is dirty diapers inside!
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinseed2011 View Post
    We have the Planetwise Hanging Wet/Dry bag. Put a command hook on the wall and it can handle upto 3 days of full time cloth diapers hanging there. No stinks, no leaks, just a cute print hanging there is dirty diapers inside!

This is kind of what I was thinking of doing. I got a smaller planetwise one for the diaper bag and it seems like a quality product. Glad to hear it working well for someone else!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinseed2011 View Post
    this is what we do. Then I was given a cloth diapers sack that fits inside a small garbage can with a lid (that I operate with my foot). So we use that. But I liked the bag a lot.

Brenda