Thread: *sigh* Wandering in...

Default *sigh* Wandering in...

I mean no harm in this statement but I hate that I have come to this forum. DH and I started TTC in May last year and we got off BCP in February of last year but didn't protect or prevent but weren't fully trying until May. I never thought it would be this hard, but I suppose no one ever thinks it will be this hard. I have PCOS and my left tube is blocked. I just had surgery tuesday to help unblock the tube, ovarian drilling and a DNC because I had a miscarriage in March and even though I passed the baby, I didn't pass the lining. The surgery on the tube was unsuccessful, couldn't unblock it but it looked healthy on the outside of the tube but nothing could be passed up the tube. The drilling was fine, and the DNC was fine as well. I have three holes in my belly and am still kind of sore but okay to get up and move around. We tried 50mg and 100mg of clomid, never worked. The injections and IUI worked. We will be doing that again June. I have my script for Provera and we will start that May 26th when we head off to our anniversary trip. We hope AF shows 14days after the first provera pill so I will start AF June 8th, we hope. I am probably jumping way too far ahead of myself but I am so ready for June and to be able to try again. Anyway, figured I'd officially join this forum as well and see who is here and where people are with their journeys. So speak up!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Welcome Cait, though I do hate to welcome you! I've been wanting to hear everyone's story 'cause I don't know them all.

My name is Candice and I'm 28. I've been married to my DH for 7 years. Chris, our son was our happy little surprise and he just turned 7 in April. Yes, I was when we got married! lol but we love him to pieces and it's always been my plan to have 3-4 kids total, but most important of all to give him siblings to grow up with. I have a brother & sister and after we lost our mom we grew so much more close to one another and I want him to have that for when we eventually die. I know that's morbid, but I know now how important that is.

Anywho, we've been NPP since Chris was 9 months old. That is a loooong time. I didn't get my period for a year after having Chris and I knew it wasn't normal so I went to my 1st Dr, the one who delivered my son. She said lose weight. That's it, did no testing or anything. Eventually I found a new Dr and losing weight is always the best advice they've given me. So I have and I've most definitely had my ups and downs with weight loss but no matter what, I still don't get AF on my own. Finally I was diagnosed with PCOS and they had me taking Metformin for that. Well then my liver levels started looking bad so they took me off Met. My primary Dr has never been concerned about my liver, it's always the nurse practitioners that I've seen at the gyn office who have concern about it.

Most recently I went back to the NP in August 2012 I believe. Got back on Met, always take Provera to induce AF and for about 3 months she was having me go in for CD 21 blood test to see if I ovulate. Nope, doesn't happen. We finally got to Clomid which I was super excited about. 50 mg-nothing, 100 mg-nothing, 150 mg-nothing. I got a positive OPK on 150 but I don't trust it since PCOS and Clomid can supposedly skew those results.

Now on one of my blood tests through my primary dr, my thyroid levels were wonky so he sent me for an ultrasound of my neck. Long story short, I have parathyroid nodules that are causing me to produce too much calcium which is bad in the long run. I have surgery next Friday, so now I get to have a nice scar on my throat. And obviously, we are on an undetermined leave of absence from STC. It's soooo frustrating. However, my next step is an RE so I can't wait to get back in the game. Crazy hopeful I will finally get the help I need!
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

I'm very happy to hear your surgery went well. Hopefully your stay in STC is super short and sweet!

Welcome cait! I know if was hard to come enter this forum too, but this group of ladies are incredibly welcoming, supportive and helpful and it has really been great to have a special place to go to get that extra support we need when ttc.

I am so glad you are recovering well.

Your cycle buddy

Thanks Ladies, Liz, I hope all is well with your prep for IVF, I can't wait to see how well it goes! Candice, Good luck on your surgery Friday! That's horrible to have surgery on your throat! I would be devastated! Mine was pretty easy!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz