Thread: I feel like I am going insane...

Default I feel like I am going insane...

My last period was around the end of March, and I am due to start next week. My last period was different though, I was a day late to start and I always start right on time (normally the same time each day). The first day was pretty light (like pantyliner light) and the next day was heavier but not as heavy as normal (normal= 2-3 tampons and a pad This time= 1 tampon and a pad). The next two days were light.

The symptoms I have are:

-The day I should have started, I got mild cramps (which I never get) and they continued for about the next week and a half.

-For the past week and a half my boobs are tender and sore. I feel like my bras do not give enough support anymore, and I have considered going and buying the next cup size up because they are large and my veins are prominent.

-Yesterday I noticed my nipples are brownish. I have never really paid attention to them but I am almost positive they are normally pink/skin color.

-For about the past 5 days or so I am peeing like crazy. I have not increased my water intake but I go a lot. I normally go maybe 5 times a day and I am going at least 4 by lunchtime.

-Constipation

-Problems staying asleep

-Headaches (past 2 days)

-Feeling sick before bed (past 2 days)

-I have also been craving foods that I do not normally crave like salads, ice cream and slurpess.

-dizziness which is then followed by nausea

-Since a little before my last period when I lay in my stomach my lower abdomen feels like there is something in it, like there is something hard in there and hurts to lay on it.

I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning but it was negative. I feel like I am going crazy. For the past couple weeks I have just felt off, does that make sense? I just feel like something is different with my body and I cannot explain it.

I am on birth control but between feb and march I was pretty relaxed about taking it. Why? I have no idea I just was. I take it at the same exact time everyday and took it when I felt like it for that time.

Please help! Am I losing my mind?

(((Hugs)))!!! Definitely test again if your period doesn't show .

Thinking of you!! Keep us posted !!!

Eta...it could be from not being consistent with your birth control...that can wreak havoc on your hormones . If you're still feeling off in a week or two call your dr for sure.
    Last edited by kellyowens; 04-24-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I agree with everything Kelly said. BCP's, if not taken exactly like they're supposed to, can cause pregnancy symptoms. I had that happen myself. If you are still feeling off in a couple of days, definitely take another pregnancy test. Good luck!
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]

Thank you both!

I will definitely retest if it doesn't show next week. Part of me hopes it doesn't...Part of me is wants it to come.
    I did not know that not taking them consistently could cause symptoms. I have not taken them correctly before but I just had a really heavy period.

I will probably call the doctor whether or not it comes. For either a check up or a test.

It nice to know that I am not losing my mind. Today smells have been getting to me. It has been raining all day and most of the day all I have smelled is worms (when nobody else has) and have felt nauseous. Food smells too. ugh!

Ugh! It rained here all day today also, and I could smell worms. I had a hard time walking in from the parking lot because of it. It was awful!!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I have another question ladies, do any of you have any tips for dealing with emotions? Whether I am or not pregnant, I have been crying over everything or getting irritated easily which is unlike me. For instance, last night I was laying on the couch with my boyfriend and he kissed my forehead and said he loved me and I burst into tears. Also last night I was walking down the hallway and my cat walked into my leg as I took a step so I kind of half kicked/half scooted her across the floor and I started crying cause I thought I hurt her. The night before I cried for no reason also.

It is ridiculous. Help!

Blog Entries

You could be just crying more because of the stress of not knowing for sure that you are or are not pregnant. I wouldn't worry about it. Let us know what you find out either way.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Okay. I didnt think that I could just be stressed out over it. It is pretty much all I have thought about for a few weeks though. It happens more at night when I am really sleepy. Maybe taking a nap during the day will help with it.

I feel as though we are going through very similar experiences. It's horrible, it's all I can think about! I just want to know but I have another week and a half until my next period.

Thankfully I start the end of this week and it cannot come soon enough!!!!! I hope it all works out the way you want it to!

Alright, I know it has only been a couple days since I last posted but some of the things I said have changed. I'm still not sure if I am just losing my mind or if I should be concerned.

New list:

-Still mild cramps off and on
    -Still tender and sore boobs. My nipples are the worst part of them if something hits them they hurt for a while. They are still darker but again I never really paid attention to them.
    -Still going to the bathroom more. I have been up for an hour and a half and I have went twice and all I have eaten is a yogurt.
    -I have been thirstier which may be contributing to the bathroom thing
    -No more constipation but going less then normal
    -Gasey
    -Still not sleeping well, I wake up feeling just as tired as when I went to bed.
    -Some headaches
    -Not really feeling sick before bed, but sometimes in the mornings
    -Still wanting weird foods. Like slurpees, salads, waffles, just weird stuff.
    -Sometimes I get dizzy but less then what I was getting.
    -Still having smells get to me and I smell stuff my boyfriend doesn't. I also feel nauseous after smelling them.
    -Foods sometimes taste funny to me (like yogurt tastes sour when it still has a month and a half till it expires) and some stuff sounds totally unappetizing. Like mac and cheese, oatmeal, and alcohol, which is a good thing if I am pregnant. (Since I have started wondering I have not drank at all, I assure you.) Some also makes me feel sick after eating it. At any time of day, breakfast and dinner did it to me yesterday. Pizza a couple days ago did it (but we got a box of deep dish greasy goodness...lol)
    -I am still super emotional. (which could be stress as JJorn said above) It is still more frequent once I get really tired I even tried taking a nap yesterday and by 9:30 or so I almost cried multiple times.
    -Still feel funny if I lay on my tummy or if my cat lays on my tummy.
    -I get heartburn after I eat anything. Its annoying. Like I said above I just ate a yogurt and I am considering going to grab some tums. Everything does it to me, milk (which it should help), waffles, tacos (obviously), etc. Everything does it.

I still wonder if I am completely losing my mind. I should start friday. I just think I feel like I am, I have never been before but I cannot describe why I just feel it. I am indifferent about having a baby (im only 21 so I have plenty of time for a family once I am out of school in a year and a half) so I don't know if my mind could be playing tricks on me or not. It could be my birth control too, i don't know.

With your list of symptoms, if you were pregnant your symptoms are consistent with someone who would be 5-6wks pregnant, not 3-4wks, you would be implanting this week and the pregnancy hormones aren't even in your system yet, so chances are it's just the BCP. But good luck next friday either way I hope you get the answers you want!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Okay. Do you think I should still be concerned? I have never had my body act anything like this before. Should I still worry about testing? I cant wait for 5/3 to come!!

I would make an appointment with your doctor and they can direct you better. Maybe run a blood test or two to see if your body is getting back on track from the BCP.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Alright, I will have to call. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to get an appointment for a month. My doctor is HORRIBLE to try and get into.
    I don't even feel like I am going to start in a couple days. Normally by the Friday before I start, I am eating everything in sight and I am not. I also am normally bloated and I have been bloated (not sure if i mentioned it above). Sigh. I don't know!

Keep us posted! Wishing you luck!

Well.... I sort of/not really started today. I can really only tell when I wipe after using the bathroom. I have also been crampy/feeling weird in my lower/mid tummy. Odd.

Well ladies, I finally made a doctor appointment for...June 6th. I hate my doctor. Anyway I set it up to have her give me another type of pill. My last period was just like the one described above. And I am still crampy, my boobs are still somewhat sore, and I still have some of the other stuff above. For the past couple weeks I have had weird pains around my belly button. They hurt and it is tender in that area when you push on it. Plus there is like fluttery feelings in that area sometimes, they only last like 10 seconds and only happen there.

I still feel crazy for thinking I could have been pregnant. Hopefully I am not someone who still has a period and no positive test during it.
    I think I really do want a baby so I was hopeful. Who knows. My boyfriend the other night, out of the blue, said "lets have a baby" and I got extremely excited. But we can't try for one yet. Maybe in a few months

This symptoms is of pregnancy. I think that you are pregnant. So This is really good news dear...

I hope you are right. Otherwise, I am losing seriously my mind.
    I tested again this morning, and still negative. I know something is wrong. Well, I guess not wrong but different. I know my body pretty well. If I was pregnant I would guess I was a few months along. Everything started the end of march. So, I feel like if I was I would have a positive test by now. UGH. It is so frustrating.

I have noticed lately that some of my pants are a tiny bit tighter and I have lost a couple pounds from eating healthier. And at least 7 times a day it feels like popcorn popping in my lower tummy. And it feels pleasant, not like gas. I am so confused.

Well, as it turns out I am not pregnant. For some odd reason my birth control made my body have too much estrogen according to my doctor. I had the same kind months before all of this happened but that is what she said. So, I got a new kind that I will start in a few weeks. She even felt my stomach and told me my uterus is bigger then it should be but "did not feel pregnant bigger". So I guess my body basically thinks it is pregnant when it is really not.

Blog Entries

I hope that the new birth control helps and that you are feeling back to normal soon.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD