Thread: just thought of something that worries me.

Default just thought of something that worries me.

First let me state that I have always been fragile in many ways, I have an unbelievably long list of allergies that range from fruits to metals, to grasses etc, I have a terrible immune system and find that I cannot fight off even a simple sinus infection off on my own.

Keeping this in mind when I was a young teenager and tried going on BC, i wasn't phased when I discovered my body didn't agree with it.

Now as an adult, I am actually rather concerned by this. See, when I tried being put on BC I bled, the whole time... From the day after I took the first pill and on continuously for as long as I would take them, all sorts of different brands, dosages, even seasonique (4 periods a year design) and all of it's equivalents and still all I did was bleed, and bleed, and bleed with not one single break.

Sorry, phone troubles.

Anyway, back then I didn't have the sense to fight with my doctor when she told me it was absolutely nothing to "mind your pretty little head about". I spoke with other doctors who quickly brushed it off and told me "well everyone is different" and nothing more.

So I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my body's ability to carry a pregnancy (as I'm told the pill basically makes your body think you're already pregnant and to stop ovulating) and the years of unprotected sex without ever producing a child.

Sorry everyone, this just hit me like a brick wall.
    Last edited by Butane; 04-25-2013 at 02:55 AM.

I feel I should also mention that this wasn't typical break through type bleeding butfull on period bleeding that never stopped
    Last edited by Butane; 04-25-2013 at 02:03 AM.

(((Hugs)))!!! I think you should try to get a consult with a reproductive endocrinologist (RE). Don't waste your time with a regular dr or ob...request a referral asap .

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    (((Hugs)))!!! I think you should try to get a consult with a reproductive endocrinologist (RE). Don't waste your time with a regular dr or ob...request a referral asap .
    Agreed! I wasted my time with my OB and now that I am with an RE I have no worries and have learned to trust what they do and never question him. OB's are just too general, I'd get an RE that knows what your worries are, and they tend to be more compassionate.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

I agree with these ladies. I just wanted to say good luck and I hope you get answers soon!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I absolutely agree! It can be very frustrating to go the OB route! Going to a RE was the best choice I've ever made, regarding ttc!
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

I'm just trying to figure or how I'd go about seeing an RE add we're on the road, and if I could see one, the cost associated with one as I don't currently have insurance ( we are waiting until we conceive to get it as most insurance companies that will even cover me want a ridiculous amount to do so because of my asthma, allergies and back problems).

Also, DH Would probably not go for that, as he's shown so much resistance to practically anything TTC related... *sigh* I'm screwed

Oh, forgot to thank everyone for their input thus far! Thankies!

I'd just like to pipe in that I'm allergic to every tree, grass, and most flowers out there; dust and dust mites TERRIBLY so, nickel is pretty **** bad (had to get a platinum wedding ring to minimize the chance of any issues, since most others have at least a tiny percentage) and the only animal I don't seem to be allergic to is dogs (I don't have one, but I sure have two cats that sleep in my bed ;) ). I also have had a fairly irregular cycle (didn't keep huge track of it, but one time I bled for 24 days straight, moderate to heavy flow, and had to take progesterone to kick things back in gear)... and just got a BFP recently. So, I'd say keep faith that it can still happen, and definitely see the RE if at all possible. <3 Of course everyone is different, just weighing in on the allergies/immune system/weird cycle bit