Thread: Anyone else notice

Hybrid View

Default Anyone else notice

your other LOs becoming more clingy after you got pregnant?

Nolan (who is 2) has become WAY clingy over the past few months. Normally mama is simply a side-step and uninteresting, when basically anyone else is around (especially daddy). Over the past few months though, he is always wanting mama, which is sweet - and exhausting.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Yes!! My daughter is 6 and she has become very clingy recently. She told me that she's afraid I won't love her after the baby is born so I'm doing my best to reassure her that I will. It's a big adjustment!

Quote Originally Posted by Julbella78 View Post
    Yes!! My daughter is 6 and she has become very clingy recently. She told me that she's afraid I won't love her after the baby is born so I'm doing my best to reassure her that I will. It's a big adjustment!
    Awww poor thing! Nolan isn't old enough to verbalize that, but maybe he feels the same. We've talked a bit about mommy having a baby in her belly, but he appears mostly uninterested in that fact/doesn't quite understand. I kind of feel bad for DH, he had gotten used to being the preferred parent especially since we just weaned at 19 months and up until that point he was still pretty mama centered

I've just noticed this in little bits at a time (mostly in the morning and right before bed) with my 3 year old...I'm trying to enjoy it before I have to share my time!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

Yes!!!! Both of kids go through little phase of this much more now that I am expecting!

Very clingy 3 year old here. He has always been a Daddy's boy until this pregnancy. He loves hugging my belly and talking to his sister telling her to hurry up so they can play. Its exhausting but I love it at the same time.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by sammilynn View Post
    Very clingy 3 year old here. He has always been a Daddy's boy until this pregnancy. He loves hugging my belly and talking to his sister telling her to hurry up so they can play. Its exhausting but I love it at the same time.
    That pretty much sums it up. I do love it, but sometimes mama just wants a nap - so please go want daddy for a little while

That's totally normal. All my kids go through it with every pregnancy. It can be completely exhausting at times but it's nice to know they still love me even when it seems like they've all moved on. I let them nap on my lap in the afternoon for some extra snuggles that don't wear me out. They spend time every day talking and singing to the baby and we do a weekly update on what's going on in mommy's tummy complete with internet pictures.

I don't know what other people do but we always tell the kids that we are ALL getting a new baby - not just mommy and daddy's new baby. We talk often about everyone's new places and expectations in the family and how exciting it is to do new things. My oldest, fit example, is thrilled that he will now be old enough to change diapers by himself. I don't anticipate that lasting long once he's done it a few times but it's got him excited and feeling involved right now. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Colee View Post
    That's totally normal. All my kids go through it with every pregnancy. It can be completely exhausting at times but it's nice to know they still love me even when it seems like they've all moved on. I let them nap on my lap in the afternoon for some extra snuggles that don't wear me out. They spend time every day talking and singing to the baby and we do a weekly update on what's going on in mommy's tummy complete with internet pictures.

I don't know what other people do but we always tell the kids that we are ALL getting a new baby - not just mommy and daddy's new baby. We talk often about everyone's new places and expectations in the family and how exciting it is to do new things. My oldest, fit example, is thrilled that he will now be old enough to change diapers by himself. I don't anticipate that lasting long once he's done it a few times but it's got him excited and feeling involved right now. ;)
    It doesn't help that poor DH is feeling SO left out. I told him that it is normal and that it will pass, but Nolan telling him "No, not daddy, want mama" kind of hurts his feelings. He's just a big ole softy.

We've been telling Nolan that there is a baby in mommys tummy and that he is getting a new brother or sister. He doesn't care

Think its totally normal. I don't really remember Connor being like that when I was pregnant, but he was after Leo was born. He didnt have any hostility toward the baby, and never said anything about me not loving him, but I had to do EvERYTHING for him. If we were all watching tv after dinner and I was nursing the baby he would ask me to get him a drink. I'd ask DH to do it since I was busy and Connor would just scream "mama do it! Mama do it!" And wouldn't take anything from DH. It was exhausting cause I had to do everything for him and the newborn, but he eventually got over it. So far nothing from either of them with this pregnancy, and I'm not anticipating any major issues once baby arrives. Connor has been through it and Leo is actually a total Daddy's boy so I don't think he'll care that I'm tied up with a baby, lol.
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pangie View Post
    Think its totally normal. I don't really remember Connor being like that when I was pregnant, but he was after Leo was born. He didnt have any hostility toward the baby, and never said anything about me not loving him, but I had to do EvERYTHING for him. If we were all watching tv after dinner and I was nursing the baby he would ask me to get him a drink. I'd ask DH to do it since I was busy and Connor would just scream "mama do it! Mama do it!" And wouldn't take anything from DH. It was exhausting cause I had to do everything for him and the newborn, but he eventually got over it. So far nothing from either of them with this pregnancy, and I'm not anticipating any major issues once baby arrives. Connor has been through it and Leo is actually a total Daddy's boy so I don't think he'll care that I'm tied up with a baby, lol.
    Oy, I hope this ends before the new baby gets here. That does sound exhausting. It's one of those situations where you just keep telling yourself "This too shall pass, This too shall pass"

Yes And.....pulling my shirt down asking for "num nums" when she hasn't nursed in over a year?! WTF Our kids are smart cookies!
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    Yes And.....pulling my shirt down asking for "num nums" when she hasn't nursed in over a year?! WTF Our kids are smart cookies!
    Nolan has been petting and tweaking the tatas when they are even a little exposed lately It's kind of sweet though, that he still remembers the 'boobahs' But it's only been 6 months? so not too long