Thread: Anyone here?

Default Anyone here?

Anyone active in this forum? I am just jumping into the weight loss plans. I am starting with just counting calories and trying to get a little active, I have surgery tuesday to do ovarian drilling, clear my blocked left fallopian tube and scrap my lining out because I just had a MC and only lost the baby and not the actual lining. Anyway, I haven't weighed myself in almost a year, been scared too. At my wedding on June 2nd, 2012 I was around 160lbs, three days ago I bought a scale... 189lbs!!! I wanted to die! I am only 5ft tall and knew in my pictures judging by my arms and legs I was gaining so I am not totally surprised but it hurts, a lot! So onto my diet I go! We are going on a vacation the end of May and I'd like to lose some weight before then so I feel better. Plus when we return from our vacation we are jumping back into TTC again with injections and IUI so I want to also lose weight for that too.

Anyway, that's my story, anyone else out there?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13

I peek in here now and then. I'm 5'1'' 174 right now so I understand being short and heavy. My goal is 150 for now. I am on a really low carb diet approved by the doctor I try to stay 50 carbs or under a day. A very new, learning process. I started it 4/8/13. I am doing this to avoid metformin because my insulin number is a bit high but, still technically normal.
    Last edited by hotpinkmomma0811; 04-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Hey! I thought about cutting carbs too but wasn't sure if I wanted to do that just yet or if I needed to just watch calories. I use my fitness pal and it opened my eyes to how many calories I ate a day, I'd say 2000 - 3000 a day before, probably more! Like I didn't eat just a brownie, I ate 2-3 brownies! I hope your diet plan goes well though! It's hard, I have noticed that it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Also my advice so far is it all starts at the grocery store, if you don't buy it, you don't want it! How much have you lost since starting?

03/22/13

I'm in here. I was calorie counting but haven't the past few weeks and I go work out 4-5 days a week at the Y. I started at the beginning of the year and I am getting really close to hitting a 20 lb loss. My goal is to lose as much as I can before I get pregnant and then maintain and continue being healthy throughout pregnancy.

Thats awesome Rach! I think getting pregnant is my inspiration as well because I want to lose weight so I feel better when I am pregnant and because I have an anniversary trip coming up and let's just say I wanna look good nakie! So what is everyone else's inspiration?

Mine is to look good for DH, even though I think if I was 500lbs he would still love me! And so when I am pregnant I am healthy for my baby and I get a cute baby bump instead of a 'is she pregnant or putting on weight?' belly.

03/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    Hey! I thought about cutting carbs too but wasn't sure if I wanted to do that just yet or if I needed to just watch calories. I use my fitness pal and it opened my eyes to how many calories I ate a day, I'd say 2000 - 3000 a day before, probably more! Like I didn't eat just a brownie, I ate 2-3 brownies! I hope your diet plan goes well though! It's hard, I have noticed that it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Also my advice so far is it all starts at the grocery store, if you don't buy it, you don't want it! How much have you lost since starting?
    I looked on the scale two nights and I'm down to 170. I was 176 at the gyn's on 3/22/13, 174 4/5/13, and 170 4/21/13. Do you have insulin resistance with PCOS? I am on the line for it. I was diagnosed 3/22/13 which was sort of a shock to me.
    Thanks so much for support!

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    Thats awesome Rach! I think getting pregnant is my inspiration as well because I want to lose weight so I feel better when I am pregnant and because I have an anniversary trip coming up and let's just say I wanna look good nakie! So what is everyone else's inspiration?

Mine is to look good for DH, even though I think if I was 500lbs he would still love me! And so when I am pregnant I am healthy for my baby and I get a cute baby bump instead of a 'is she pregnant or putting on weight?' belly.
    I am already on Yaz to control PCOS , Welburtin for depression, and Levonthryoxine so my inspiration / motivation is no more pills and I hope I don't develop diabetes later I'm at high risk because for type 2 diabetes right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    I'm in here. I was calorie counting but haven't the past few weeks and I go work out 4-5 days a week at the Y. I started at the beginning of the year and I am getting really close to hitting a 20 lb loss. My goal is to lose as much as I can before I get pregnant and then maintain and continue being healthy throughout pregnancy.
    You go girl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erica5 View Post
    I began at the starting of the year and I am getting really near to reaching a 20 pounds reduction. It's hard but I have observed that it's a life style modify, not an eating plan.
    Congrats on your weightloss!!