Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm probably crazy, but...

Blog Entries

Default I'm probably crazy, but...

I'm taking my DD in this afternoon. She started complaining of belly pain yesterday. We thought she was just constipated but she had a normal bowel movement so we thought that was over. She woke up twice to have nasty diarrhea and gas. She's had two more bouts of diarrhea today and has no appetite (she's had some bread and some crackers). Her mild fever is getting higher.

The thing that bothers me is that her belly hurts enough for her to cry about - worse than last night. She is lethargic, too. I know that stomach stuff is going around but for some reason a little voice in my head is shouting: Appendix! Her belly is swollen, too.

I really hope that I am wrong.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Hope she is ok

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!

Get her to the ER it could very well be her appendix you are not crazy. I am not saying that to make things worst I've know a few people to get it out.

I hope you are wrong and that it is just some kind of a stomach bug ... but I am glad you are going to the Dr. Hope she feels better soon!

Just re-read and saw you where taking her in. I hope its not her appendix.

Praying! Better to be safe Jess, not crazy at all!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Hope she is doing ok. KUP!
    Joanie (33), DH (33), Thomas (13), Angel Baby 9/9/10, Katherine (2), Angel Baby 8/28/12, Daniel (born 6/23/13 at 35 weeks)

Blog Entries

Thinking positive thoughts for M! Hope it's just a bug and nothing more serious. Poor kiddo.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

I hope she's ok.

Hoping she is ok!!
    *Sara-28**Lee-28* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

**TTC since 08/01/14. 1500mg of Metformin and 2.5mg Femara**

I don't think you're crazy. Those symptoms would worry me too. I hope everything's all right.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

hope she is ok
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Hugs pleased
    KUP

One thing the Docs had me do to rule in/out appendix is to jump up and down...if that causes pain in the lower right side of your belly than it very well could be the appendix. Hope she is feeling better soon

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

I'd trust your gut. I'd rather take them and have it be nothing than to wish I had after it's really bad. I hope she is ok!

I hope she's ok and it's just a virus (hugs)

Blog Entries

They think it is just a virus. There are no masses in her swollen belly and no increase in pain during the examination. Her bowels sound VERY active. They think the pain is just intestinal cramping and gas.

On the way there, I almost went to the ER instead. She screamed/cried the whole ride there. They did get us back in the farthest away exam room fairly quickly since she was still crying and such in the waiting room. After the nurse got us back and checked vitals, she had another bout of significant diarrhea and felt better afterwards.

We are to come back if the pain gets worse, she becomes dehydrated or if her belly goes from bloated/balloon like to hard.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

Poor kiddo
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Blog Entries

I was overruled at dinner. My in laws were here (even though they knew DD was sick that I was taking her to the doctor). They got us a fried chicken meal for dinner and everyone thought I was just being mean saying that she couldn't have any. My DH thought so, too, and finally gave her chicken with the fried part off. Before DD even finished it all, she threw it up all over the table.

I'm really surprised that she wanted anything but now that I think about it this type of meal is a big treat and she probably didn't want to miss out. I told her that I would save some for her for when she felt better but she's only 3.5 and big on the instant gratification. I just wish that I could have spared her the trauma of throwing up on top of everything else going on. Next time I'll just have to throw a big stink, I guess.

Aw poor baby! I hope after a good nights sleep she is as good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    I was overruled at dinner. My in laws were here (even though they knew DD was sick that I was taking her to the doctor). They got us a fried chicken meal for dinner and everyone thought I was just being mean saying that she couldn't have any. My DH thought so, too, and finally gave her chicken with the fried part off. Before DD even finished it all, she threw it up all over the table.

I'm really surprised that she wanted anything but now that I think about it this type of meal is a big treat and she probably didn't want to miss out. I told her that I would save some for her for when she felt better but she's only 3.5 and big on the instant gratification. I just wish that I could have spared her the trauma of throwing up on top of everything else going on. Next time I'll just have to throw a big stink, I guess.
    I hope you made your in-laws and DH clean up the mess. Hmpf.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

This is one of those times that I feel like the worst part of me comes out. I try to do my best and think the best of everyone most of the time, but when I read your story I had a tiny moment of hope that she threw up close enough to them that they got either (a) a bit of a clue, or (b) a bit of splashback. I feel so badly for your daughter and for you. I hope she feels better soon and that none of your immediate family catches what she has.

Blog Entries

My DH missed it all since he left (with my permission) to go to a meeting that the whole family was supposed to attend tonight. I just got a towel for M and removed her to the bathroom. It was likely my MIL who cleaned up the vomit as it was gone by the time I had my DD cleaned up and in some pjs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    This is one of those times that I feel like the worst part of me comes out. I try to do my best at every turn, but when I read your story I had a tiny moment of hope that she threw up close enough to them that they got either (a) a bit of a clue, or (b) a bit of splashback. I feel so badly for your daughter and for you. I hope she feels better soon and that none of your immediate family catches what she has.
    Ha! I don't blame you. I was sitting the farthest from my DD so was all in the clear. I'm not sure about FIL or MIL as they were sitting next to her. It had to have splashed and her plate was full of it. They certainly witnessed it and maybe they will take me even more seriously. Thus far I have been right in every instance that they have done what I asked them not to do. It has actually gotten better, or so I thought. Usually DH backs me up but this time he thought I was being ridiculous. I really wanted to be wrong this time...

But seriously, why would anyone think that fried anything would be a good idea for a child during the first 24 hours of diarrhea/intestinal cramping? A child still quite ill and not willing to eat anything else? Yes, she would have been disappointed but I had already offered to make her several other things that would have been easier on her stomach - things that she normally really likes to eat (noodles, rice, toast). But I don't think that she really wanted to eat anything, she just didn't want to miss out.

Oh gosh, poor girl. I'm glad that its not her apendix. And I'm glad MIL cleaned up the mess!

Awww, poor girl! I'm glad its not her appendix, and I hope she's feeling better soon!
    Jennifer

Glad your ruled out appendix and grrrr to your inlaws! Hope she is on the upswing now.

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. She puked all over her bed at three am and was up a few times but seems much better this morning. Her belly doesn't look or feel as swollen now and she was able to eat a bit of food at breakfast (just bread and water). We'll try a little protein next as long as her stomach stays settled.

Poor baby I am glad to hear she is feeling a bit better this morning. And I am glad your MIL cleaned up the puke
    Joanie (33), DH (33), Thomas (13), Angel Baby 9/9/10, Katherine (2), Angel Baby 8/28/12, Daniel (born 6/23/13 at 35 weeks)

Blog Entries

I am feeling sick now! I really hope it is just pregnancy stuff. It didn't help that she was up every few hours last night so I am definitely low on sleep, too.