Thread: Thrush?? Again! Seriously?!

Default Thrush?? Again! Seriously?!

Why does this keep happening? We battled it several times from the time she was born to about 7 months. And now its back again. Why?? Neither of us have been on antibiotics. I thought this was more of a newborn thing. I never had it once with DD1.

I am in the process of weaning her so I can start taking my meds, but I will be nursing another one soon. Is it something I am doing that is causing this? I don't want to go through this again with the next one. Any ideas??

Blog Entries

It could be simply because you are pregnant now. The body changes and yeast infections are more common. Do you take probiotics or eat yogurt regularly? That can help.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Ugh...so sorry to hear this Polly ! We're still battling yeast here...Adam has it in his diaper area but thankfully no thrush.

It started with thrush when he was 3wks old (I had 48hrs of iv abx during/after L&D followed by a 10day course of oral)...finally took diflucan which knocked it out when he was 7months. At 10months he needed abx and we both ended up with thrush/yeast again. I used otc fluconazole and he had nystatin. Only took one dose that time for the thrush but he must still be dealing with it in his gut.

(((Hugs)))...Wish I had some helpful suggestions but I really don't...just really praying it clears quickly !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    It could be simply because you are pregnant now. The body changes and yeast infections are more common. Do you take probiotics or eat yogurt regularly? That can help.
    I was thinking the same thing. mama!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Thanks ladies. It probably is because I'm pregnant. Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    Thanks ladies. It probably is because I'm pregnant. Blech.