Thread: Confusion

Default Confusion

Had a son six months ago. Went on BC pill but spotted/bled all three months...does that mean it wasn't working...took it for one more month and stopped because we wanted to try again...ovulation test and calculation say I'm ovulating and am having LH surge...but I thought the pill stopped you from ovulating and I've only been off it two weeks...is it possible I could be ovulating...

I would say it is possible, yes; the spotting/bleeding with the first few months of a BCP also aren't out of the norm, it took my body a while to get adjusted to my NuvaRing (same hormones as some BCP's, just different administration). I actually have a friend who just had her baby two weeks ago, he was conceived less than a month after she got off of her BC... it is definitely possible.
    Miriam (26) Mark (28) #1 on the way, due 1-5-2014, and it's a girl! FF/Temps

My cousin got PG the first month off BCP and I had a friend who got PG 10 days after stopping her last pill, so it is definitely possible.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I was on bc twice for 6months each time. When I stopped I ovulated at my usual cd21 and got pg both times .

I am supposed to have gotten my period and all I had was some brownish discharge that was mucusy and only occurred when I wipe...lasted two to three days..I've been sick for the last three days and been really tired..I just have that feeling a scared anticipation that I did the other times I've been pregnant..I'm a mother of two sons and always ovulate within a week of my period...I don't know what to do...what does the spotting mean...

Please read my next statement in this thread...dk what to think...

Spotting can sometimes be common in early pg. Have you taken a test?

Not yet...but my night nausea turned to morning puking and everything I smell or think about eating is making me sick...my boobs are getting tender...too scared to hope..had a nonviable egg miscarriage right before getting pregnant last January...had the d&c in July and got pregnant right away...

The only way to know is test you've def got some symptoms! Praying for a positive outcome!

Me too...

Does anyone have any reccomendations on what type of pregnancy test to use ie. what's the best type..and what if I test negative but still have symptoms and no period...should I test again...

Also should I test from the day of my last period on the BC or from the time I bled after stopping it...it was like maybe a two week difference...I know I need to test but to scared of seeing a negative...although then I would know my cycle again if the surge was due to drop in estrogen..,idk.,,just hoping, hoping,hoping!!!!!