Thread: Medela PISA Question

Default Medela PISA Question

Any differences between the shoulder bag and back pack styles? Which do you have or would you get? Trying to decide which to put on my registry
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

I'll be stalking this. I really want to get a good breast pump this time around!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I got the shoulder bag PISA. There's not difference in the pump between the 2, just a different way to carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunegirl View Post
    I got the shoulder bag PISA. There's not difference in the pump between the 2, just a different way to carry it.
    Yep, exactly the same pump/housing, just a differend bag. Depends on your style, I'd say. I had the shoulder style and loved it!
    ~Andrea~

Thanks guys I had a VERY VERY old Medela PIS (not PISA, it was like ancient) like...so old I can't even find pictures of it online It was awful. It had a shoulder strap too but the bag was like dry rotted so I barely took it anywhere unless I HAD to. I gave it away to a mom in need knowing that I would just buy a new one with my next baby. I like the backpack idea but it's totally not my style so I think I'll just go with a shoulder bag!

Any big difference between the PISA and their hospital grade pumps? I used a hospital grade pump from WIC last time and I actually had less output than when I used my ghetto old PIS...

I used a hospital pump for 6 months or so at home. And then I used my Pisa at work when dd was 3 months old.....from that I can tell you that the hospital pump did work better. But the PISA would have been suffient.

Amber, which hospital pump did you use? This is the one I used from WIC:

It was so heavy and awkward!!!

ETA: It's a Lactina! Only available through rental it looks like....in any case it SUCKED.
    Last edited by beanpop; 04-19-2013 at 03:38 PM.

My hospital had Medela Symphony pumps to use. They are much more pretty and compact now!
    ~Andrea~

The Symphony ones look cute! I think I did use one of those once and it was amaaazing.

I rented a Lactina in the early days and I didn't like it all. I didn't find it to be very efficient. The crappy Hygeia WIC rented to me was better than it was.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I rented a Lactina in the early days and I didn't like it all. I didn't find it to be very efficient. The crappy Hygeia WIC rented to me was better than it was.
    Yeah it was terrible And embarrassingly huge, like who wants to carry that thing around to work every day?!

Have you checked with your insurance. They have to cover them to a point now. It varies from each company. Mine just sends an Ameda PY. My favorite pump ever is the Avent Isis IQ Duo.

I used a Symphony at the hospital, which was great. At home I've got the PISA in the shoulder bag. My insurance doesn't cover (military) so I had to pay for it myself, but its been totally worth it. I've been EP'ing for over 6 months now and its still working great.
    Jennifer

Yes! The lactina, that's the one the hospital gave me. It was heavy and ackward but I never moved it around....it just sat on my end table month after month. It didnt suck for me though.

I didn't even think to check with my insurance. I will before my due date to figure out if they'll just write me a prescription for one or something. That would be cool. I know there's a store in the hospital I give birth in that takes prescriptions for their pumps. I want a Medela. I am used to them and know how they work! I just want a newer one that isn't from the stone age