Thread: Evap line or faint positive?

Default Evap line or faint positive?

Hey ladies,

I took this test earlier today (decided that I was going to be testing monthly around AF so that I can make sure that I am not pregnant, since I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and am on some medications that have not been proven to be entirely safe for pregnancy. I just started taking my mood stabilizer this last weekend, and since me and my husband were not 100 percent safe earlier last month, which we have been since I started the meds, but unfortunately not in enough time for this cycle. Anyways, I took an answers pink dye test (learned from my last time using a blue dye test with and evap line that I can't really rely on those). I thought that the test was negative, but went back a little over and hour to go to the restroom again, and being me pulled the test out of the trash can and looked at it again. Well, not sure if what I am seeing was a VERY faint positive line, or an evap. I will post a link to the picture below, can you all let me know what you think? Thanks!

- Sierra

DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

Sorry the picture quality is a bit crummy. Going to retest with FMU tomorrow morning. According to the online calc I would be 4 weeks. Since my cycles have been about 30 days roughly though that would put me at 3 weeks 5 days

I honestly don't see anything.

I see it! It looks like a faint + to me. Test again tomorrow!

Sorry, I can't see any second line at all there. I think if you're actually 4 weeks pregnant, your line would probably be more obvious. But test again if you're not sure.

ETA: I guess if I tilt my screen back to just the right angle, I can just barely see a very faint line.
    Last edited by NHKate; 04-17-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Retested this morning and the test was negative... I guess am just over worries this month about being pregnant, since it was the last cycle that me and my husband were not 100 percent safe and we just decided last week that we were going to be safe here on out and take our birth control methods seriously until we are in a better spot for both of us to have kids. With my miscarriage last year it has just been really hard getting over the whole wanting to be pregnant thing, even though I know in my rational mind it isn't the right time for us. I just keep thinking about how we would have had a 3 month old by now if my pregnancy had gone through. It was a first trimester loss for me, but it was my first pregnancy and the thought of going through a miscarriage never went through my mind at the time... I was just so happy and excited, even though it wasn't planned, my husband was too... I've really been struggling with my head and body the past months, and it's coming up on that time of year when I found out I was pregnant last year... Have any of you had similar feelings and experiences? How'd you get through, what was your go to motivation or thoughts? I am getting prepped for ttc by trying to loose weight and we are trying to be set financially too... How do you get past those urges though?

First, I'm sorry about the BFN and so so sorry for your loss.
    My friend lost her baby (first pregnancy) in October and she's still very upset by it obviously and she's been trying to get pregnant again with no success. It's so painful to watch her, when there is nothing you can do or say to make it better.
    She started going to a pregnancy loss group counseling held at a loc hospital. The first class was last night. She's hoping it will help her move past her fear of losing another baby when she gets pregnant again. Maybe there is something similar in your area? Maybe you could even meet another couple or couples who are trying to get healthy for trying again and you can be walking buddies or something.

I think that would be a good idea. I may try going on meetup.com and see if I can find any local groups, or ttc moms in the area that are in the same boat as me... I have a ways to go to get healthy, and it would really help having a friend along the way and someone that can relate to me. Most of my friends aren't married yet ( I am 25 ) and they haven't been trying to have kids, or suffered a misscarriage. I know that there are plenty of women my age who know what I am going through, I guess I just hang out with more of a college crowd, even though some of my friends are a few years older then me, they are still in that single part of life and finishing up school. I am still finishing up my degree too, and will be going back for nursing, but it seems like I am still in a different boat sometimes... I have talked to friends about the loss and stuff and what happens, but they have a hard time relating, or understanding my want for having kids in a couple of years... I have been married for a year and a half now, and together with my husband for almost 4. He is 29 this year, and I have been married before too, so I guess I have a little more experience then my friends with married life related stuff... hmmm. yeah. Anywho, random rant, but definitely going to see if there are any SoCal based things that I can look into.

I am really sorry about your friend's loss, I hope that she is able to find help and consolation with her loss through that group that she found, and has a healthy ttc journey. It is hard at first to get past the initial shock and stuff, but it gets easier as time passes. Almost been a year for me.

I used the exact same test last month and it was darker than that. It was definitely not positive and I wasn't pregnant.