Thread: 10 days late, and 1 positive test would be 5 weeks 2 days, but clinic says negative. Help :'(

Unhappy 10 days late, and 1 positive test would be 5 weeks 2 days, but clinic says negative. Help :'(

I tested early morning on the 13th and it came out positive. I went to the clinic today and thier urine tests say negative. I would be 5 weeks 2 days pregnant if it's true. Is that too early to check? I took the test at the clinic after I had already used the bathroom and had a lot to drink, could that be the reason? I am very dissapointed. I wanted a baby, and so did my boyfriend. I'm really heart broken now. Any ideas on what is going on? I'm not going to test for another week, it's really too painful to even try and see another negative after that positive.

It could have come up negative because your urine was too diluted. I would request a blood test. Good luck sweetie! Also, test again in the morning with first morning urine.

The clinic's urine test would be 99% accurate. It could have been a false positive when you did a test at home. It is possible for the test to be diluted and create a negative. The best test is with a first morning urine. If you still aren't for sure I would have a blood test done. If you aren't pregnant my advice is since you are only 15 (from what I saw on the other post) use birth control. I am not trying to be harsh or judge mental but, 15 your still a kid / teen. I had Cody three months after turning 19 and though I had graduated high school 1 year prior. I skipped out on college which I can go back at a later date but, I was lucky to have an older husband. The first year was hard learning how to be a mother and learning life skills. James was 26 when Cody was born almost 27. He had his party days over with which I know not "young adults" party. He was settled into an okay job and he has supported the family. If I would have been with someone that was also 19 though it would have been rough. I had a pregnancy scare at 17 and that would have changed my whole life. I love both of my kids but, since James was done with clubs, drinking on weekends, etc it has been an adjustment because though we get out occasionally I want to go dancing and "party" but, I can't. I am not a huge party person and never will be but, its an adjustment. I also moved straight from my mothers to James' apartment at 18 1/2 years old. I had none of that time alone to "figure out" the world. I feel that is a very important step.
    Last edited by hotpinkmomma0811; 04-17-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: To Add

I agree with Lindsay. You have your whole life ahead of you, so starting to raise another life now may not be in your best interest. Are your parents/clergy aware of your plans to have a baby? Are your boyfriend's? If you are confident in your decision to become parents at this time in your life, you need to be mature enough to have an adult discussion with your parents and/or clergy to explain your plans and how you will manage to become independent and take on the responsibility of a baby on your own.
    While I have waited until I was significantly older to start a family, most of the women in my family had children young. Babies/toddlers/children are never easy, but there are a lot of obstacles for very young mothers that can be dealt with much easier a little later in life. I speak as the aunt of a niece who had her first baby at 17 and her second at 19. I love my niece, but she has a very difficult road. I know that may not be the case for all young moms, but it is the case for a lot of them. My niece never finished high school (although she did get a GED in the past year at 21), and she is struggling to make ends meet for her kids. The father of her kids is now a convicted felon, who does not pay a dime in child support, and if it were not for the undying help and patience of my sister (who is going above and beyond to help my niece while she struggles in her own life), my niece would be completely on her own with two kids. While she loves her kids, she never predicted how difficult this path would be.
    You never know what the future may hold, but learning to take care of yourself, get an education and become independent before you take on a family is one way to ensure that you can manage what curve balls life will throw your way. I hope that you and your boyfriend take the time to understand what you are contemplating, and I wish you the very best of luck in your life, what ever you choose.
    Lily

I would retest again, after drinking a lot it can cause your urine to be diluted. I was just wondering, how old are you? Not trying to pry, just wondering.
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

Ah I see you are 15 from reading the other responses more thoroughly. My birth mom had me at 15, and she said it was SO hard for her to be pregnant at that age. She wanted to parent me really badly, but being so young she wanted to give me the best life possible, so she gave me up for adoption. Her and my birth dad never ended up together, but remained on good terms and did stay in touch. I am 25 myself now, and have been pregnant before, but I know that when I was, even though I am married and in a great relationship and almost done with college, that I am not entirely ready to be a mom yet, and know at 15 I definitely wouldn't have been. I have had a lot of experience with young children too, and understand fully the time, love, care, financial needs, and attention that they need, so I really encourage you to wait to have a baby when you can fully handle the responsibilities of one. Take care. If you need anything, PM me.
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

If you are 15 and think you may be pg you need to tell an adult you trust asap so you can see your dr and get a blood test. While it is not uncommon to have irregular cycles in your teen years it would be wise to be evaluated by your dr whether you're pg or not .

(((Hugs)))...thinking of you and praying you can find someone you can trust to be a role model and source of encouragement !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels