Thread: d&c...thoughts...

Default d&c...thoughts...

For those who have had a d&c I'd appreciate your thoughts on it. If my u/s Monday shows no ectopic then I'm sure I'll be facing the usual options of expectant, medical, or surgical management.Has anyone done a d&c with local anesthetic or an epidural instead of general?

With my last loss, I had a d&e, which is pretty much the same thing. They gave me some meds through my IV, which made me really relaxed. I knew they were in there working but didn't really care. Kwim? If you have any questions pm me or just ask on here. Praying for you always!

No experience but, many, many, many, hugs and prayers. KUP!

No experience I had general, I didn't want to know what was going on. Big hugs!!!

Nope, just general. Sorry it's not helpful, but just wanted to let you know that I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Lots of hugs sent your way!

Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I am so sorry. Many hugs coming your way. I had a d&c under general. While it was a horrible situation that got me there, I don't think I would have wanted an epidural for the procedure. After four c sections, the recovery at the hospital was way faster than after my c sections. I believe I left within the hour after the D&C and it took hours for my spirals to wear off after the c sections. Also, the thought of having another poke in my spine was no appealing...well, not that I was givin a choice. That be

Said, when I miscarried this last time it felt "good" to go through it naturally at home. I felt that it gave my little baby that was not ment to be a proper send off. Like the pain and process really ment something. I know that sounds hokey, but 18 months later I feel connected in a very special way to that baby. I needed a d & c after the actual mc due to a retained peice that was left in my uterus.

Anyway, sorry about the excessively long reply. I hope you can find peace. Hugs

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

... thank you ladies !

I've had both general and "awake"-anesthesia d&c and I will say the awake one was much more emotionally traumatizing to me than general anesthesia (except for the waiting to go in, where you're just a bundle of nerves).

If I ever had to go through it again I would absolutely pick general...

I'm sorry that you're facing this as a possible outcome

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!