Thread: Positive Test?

Unhappy Positive Test?

My last period was from 9-13 of March and then I had intercourse on the 23 of March. 2 days ago I took an e.p.t test and it came out a clear positive. My period is 10 days late, and I've been having lower back pains and my stomach and boobs are sore to the touch. I've also been having really bad headaches and nauseous all the time. And I have to go pee a lot. My friend has 2 kids and really thinks that I am. The test I took said positive, but when I had intercourse last night there was light bleeding, and I got scared that something was wrong and stopped. Is that normal? Or is my period comeing? I hope not both me and my boyfriend really want a baby. I don't want to be disappointed by this.

Blog Entries

A positive pregnancy test usually means that you are in fact pregnant. I would make an appointment with your doctor for a first appointment and make sure that you are on vitamins or are eating very well. Folic Acid is very important in early pregnancy.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Last edited by AviJ; 04-15-2013 at 09:16 AM.

I tried, but my doctor said they wouldn't take me till later because as of right new from day of conception I would be a month, and I'm also more concerned about the bleeding, what was that? It wasn't dark like a period it was really light, lighter than the last day of my average period

Blog Entries

During pregnancy, there is extra blood flow to the area which can cause your cervix to be easily irritated. Sex can then cause light bleeding. What most doctors would then recommend is to avoid sex or placing anything else in the vagina. But, very light bleeding would really not concern me. It is also normal to have bleeding in early pregnancy for no known reason.

If you are ten days late for your period you would be at least 5 weeks pregnant.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Ok, thank you, I'll tell my boyfriend, he was so upset he was almost crying he really wants a baby and was excited to hear about the positive test

Congrats! Light bleeding is pretty common in early pregnancy. With both children I had spotting and light bleeding.