Thread: Looking for some advice!

Default Looking for some advice!

Hello! So, I just need some advice/answers pertaining to missing birth control pills. I've been on Seasonale since January and probably a bad idea, but I took my sugar pills before I was supposed to because I was going to visit my boyfriend and at the time I'd be visiting him, I would have my period and I just couldn't have that. Anywho, fast forward, and we were having unprotected sex from Monday to the next Tuesday. I had NOT been taking my pills at the same time, if at all. I took my pills late on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. And then I just didn't take them at all until Tuesday (today). Now, I am experiencing heavy bleeding. Am I having withdrawl bleeding? And if so, does that mean I'm absolutely not pregnant?

Blog Entries

I would expect you to now have a very crazy few cycles. Your body is likely quite confused. It does not sound like you are pregnant but since I do not totally understand the dates from your post I can't say if the unprotected sex is likely to lead to pregnancy. I don't think that it was a big deal to take your sugar pills early as long as you did have a period during them. However, not starting the hormone containing pills upon completion of the sugar pills is not a good idea in regards to preventing pregnancy.

So, did you have a period while taking the sugar pills early?
    Did you then start taking the hormone containing pills or are those the ones that you skipped?

If you skipped hormone pills then you could be pregnant even with bleeding. Generally, though, heavy bleeding is not an indication of pregnancy.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Oh, okay. Sorry my dates are confusing. This all took place from Monday April 1-Tuesday April 9. Well I had my period while I took the sugar pills. After I finished those, I took maybe 4 of the hormone pills at the correct time for me and then the next couple days (April 1 and 3) I took them at different times than I normally would. I also recalled that I had missed Tuesdays pill and just doubled up on wednesday. So I began to miss consecutive pills starting on the fourth of April all the way till April 9th. All the while, we weren't using protection. On the ninth, I began to bleed bright red blood, which I've never had before. It also contained no clots whatsoever and it only lasted for 3 days. Was this my period?

Blog Entries

Yes, it likely was. Since the hormone levels did not remain constant enough they couldn't keep your period away. However, I would not consider that to prove that you aren't pregnant since it sounds like a light period.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Thanks so much! I appreciate the time you took answering my questions

Blog Entries

No problem! I wanted to add that it also takes several days (7+ I believe) for a fertilized egg to implant so you can bleed and still build up a lining suitable for an egg to implant.

However, I would not think that you are pregnant as your body is likely too confused to have ovulated during that time period as well.
    My Ovulation Chart

Alrighty! Thank you for the information!