Thread: flips

Blog Entries

Default flips

So I guess I'll be on the cloth bandwagon again soon. I already have a pretty good stash from the girls, but I'd like to add a few new dipes. I'm considering Flips...they sound pretty easy, and I need something DH will be comfortable with (no stuffing, folding, etc.). If you've used these, what are your thoughts? TIA!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

I like the flips, but DH does not as you have to change the soaker instead of putting on an entire new diaper. I do all the stuffing of our pockets and as long as I have them ready to go, he is good to go, too. I like the flexibility of using one cover upto 3 times.... and using the soakers as boosters at night. But that is me.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

I have not used flips but DH is fine with the pockets (I have mostly Sunbabys) as long as they are prestuffed. I also have a good stash of Rockin Rumps which he likes but they confuse him.

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!

Blog Entries

I used flips for when they were littler (I have big pee-ers) and then use the covers over fitteds instead. It is pretty easy to take out the wet insert and wipe out the cover. If it isn't really wet you just put the new insert and go. I usually had to leave the old one to dry and use a new one. In my experience EBF poop did get on the cover if it was more than a little bit.
    Last edited by JJorn; 04-09-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: autocorrect strikes again
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

I was never a fan of Flips, though I know they worked for a lot of mamas.

Hubs is always reaching for the Sunbaby's. He finds those easiest to use. I always have all the diapers stuffed (or snapped for my A12s) so its easy for him

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I started with flips when I first started CD my daughter at 10 months. They were super easy to use and I loved that unless they wet super heavy or poop you can reuse the cover and just add a new insert. They were also very easy to clean since you are mostly only cleaning the inserts, not the full diaper. I also love using the covers over fitteds now.

Blog Entries

They sound versatile! I think I will have to order a couple and see what we think. I'm lucky as the owner of our local cloth diaper shop is the mama of one of Ali's preschool classmates.

My best advice is to try all different kinds before buying an entire stash
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

I started with Flips becuase they were an inexpensive way to get enough to diaper full time. They are my daycare diaper ... and they work great. My daycare lady has no issues with them. In fact, she likes them better than pockets and AIOs cause we doulbe up on them and get more absorbency then we do with most pockets and AIOs.

My only complaint is the cover. The elastic stretches out pretty bad over time. That's actually why I started doubling - cause they were so stretched out they gapped. Putting in a doubler in closed the gap. (I don't have this problem with my other covers - so if I were to do it again, I'd get a bunch of Flip inserts and then covers of a different brand)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    My best advice is to try all different kinds before buying an entire stash
    Do you mean different kinds of Flips? Are there more than one style of this brand? I've got BG, Fuzzibunz, and basic prefolds/covers in our stash. BG have been my fav, but I feel like I should branch out a bit. Plus it would be fun to buy a few new items!

I use Flips for my daytime diapers, but I rarely use the inserts and just use prefolds inside them instead. I felt that the insert didn't absorb enough. But I'm very happy with them as covers.
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)