Thread: Question so I have better understanding

Default Question so I have better understanding

I am trying to learn more about the bible and I need to read mine more often. I had a question about the possible microchip thing. I don't want anything to do with it all. How does everyone feel about it in today's society? Is it the mark of the beast or is that someone each person has to decide?

I am not very familiar with the microchip thing, but I am assuming that it is so you can find your child if he/she is lost? Im not sure if it is the mark of the beast or not, but I would stay far, far, away. Better in this instance to err on the side of caution.

Here is some info...http://www.gotquestions.org/mark-beast.html

Whether or not its the mark of the beast it would still make me nervous for other reasons, I'd agree with airing on the side of caution...
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

It is used for so it would be easier to find a lost child from what I understand. I don't want this foreign thing in my body. I am just scared that we (Americans) would be forced into it. I sure hope not.

No one is forcing anyone to be microchipped. No one. If you are hearing that, it is a conspiracy theory and you should find some reputable news sites. (I didn't even realize what you were referring to until DH told me that there was a conspiracy theory site out there promoting this idea. Never heard of it).

Do I want to be microchipped? No way. But no, it isn't being forced on anyone and it isn't the mark of the beast.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yeah, the microchip has caused a lot of panic regarding this topic. The link Katie shared is good. This quote in particular stood out to me:

The mark of the beast will be something given only to those who worship the Antichrist. Having a medical or financial microchip inserted into your right hand or forehead is not the mark of the beast. The mark of the beast will be an end-times identification required by the Antichrist in order to buy or sell, and it will be given only to those who worship the Antichrist.
    Also, just a personal suggestion... I think it is FANTASTIC that you are wanting to read your Bible more! I don't want to discourage that at all! But Revelation is a doozy. Even for scholars. So as far as daily reading, I hope you start out with something a little easier to understand.

Here is a link to the snopes article debunking the forced-microchipping conspiracy theory: http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp

Please note that the deadline associated with this particular conspiracy theory is March 23, 2013, which is about two weeks BEFORE you posted this question. So the deadline for the supposed microchipping had already passed. No microchips here, so far as I know.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 04-10-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    Yeah, the microchip has caused a lot of panic regarding this topic. The link Katie shared is good. This quote in particular stood out to me:

Also, just a personal suggestion... I think it is FANTASTIC that you are wanting to read your Bible more! I don't want to discourage that at all! But Revelation is a doozy. Even for scholars. So as far as daily reading, I hope you start out with something a little easier to understand.
    My minister at church says Mark or Paul is a good place to start for beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Here is a link to the snopes article debunking the forced-microchipping conspiracy theory: http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp

Please note that the deadline associated with this particular conspiracy theory is March 23, 2013, which is about two weeks BEFORE you posted this question. So the deadline for the supposed microchipping had already passed. No microchips here, so far as I know.
    Oh yeah snopes! I love that website. I know was 3/23/13 which has passed and nothing has been forced but, I worry about the "what ifs" of being forced in the future.

Blog Entries

I would never want a microchip put in my body or in any of my children's bodies (where does that apostrophe go? ). I agree that the mark of the beast would be mandatory for buying/selling and not voluntary at all.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkmomma0811 View Post
    My minister at church says Mark or Paul is a good place to start for beginners.

The mark of the beast is after the rapture. So regardless if you are microchipped or not right now it will not matter until after the rapture and the tribulation period starts. Since the rapture hasn't happened yet, I wouldn't worry so much. You will be raptured anyway. But it will come eventually that yes in order to buy or sell during the tribulation period you have to be marked with something called "the mark of the beast". However we are not in the tribulation period.
    Last edited by pants; 04-11-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Brenda