Thread: Dry skin help

Default Dry skin help

Sophia always ends up with a messy face when eating because she is learning to feed herself which is normal. Cody's skin was more oily when I used a baby wipe on him it came right off. With her the food sticks to her skin more. Now her poor cheeks are dry and chapped. Will cloth towels help? What soap can help the multiple times a day face messes? What kind of lotion for cheeks would work?
    Last edited by hotpinkmomma0811; 04-07-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries

You can just put vaseline on them. It will help keep the moisture present and will likely help the food not to adhere to her so much.

ETA: Oh, and I use just a wash rag with water or with diluted baby soap on it.
    Last edited by JJorn; 04-06-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    You can just put vaseline on them. It will help keep the moisture present and will likely help the food not to adhere to her so much.
    I didn't think of vaseline that makes sense though thanks!

I use coconut oil on all my kid from nose to toes. If she has sensitive skin, the wipe may be too harsh. Some of them have a pretty long list of chemicals. I usually just use a wet wash cloth and not even soap when I wipe my kids' faces.

wet washcloth...and there are some organic lotions that are gentle/safe for the face.
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

My pedi recommended Vaseline on DS's face when his skin was dry. It works great! I agree, I'd use a wet washcloth to wash her face. The alcohol in the baby wipes isn't good for her skin.
    Jennifer

Blog Entries

We are big Aquaphor fans for dry skin...it would probably be ok for his cheeks, too. (We usually use it for hands.)

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

I've used Boudreaux's Baby Kisses too.
    Vicki 39 DH45 SD12 SS9
    DS Hudson Sept 23, 2009!
    DS Trevor July 29, 2012!
    "Fat babies have no pride" - Lyle Lovett

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmom View Post
    We are big Aquaphor fans for dry skin...it would probably be ok for his cheeks, too. (We usually use it for hands.)
    Aquaphor is amazing stuff!!! Just be careful about rubbing into eyes and stuff!!! There's still petroleum in it!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

One of my guys has very sensitive skin and excema around his mouth from allergies. All day I keep aquaphor around his mouth and after eating I use a j&j cleansing cloth. Water is very hard on his skin so I try to go with gentle cleansing cloths.
    My 3 yo cuties!