Thread: Some days I hate my job.......vent

Angry Some days I hate my job.......vent

Some days I truly hate my job. Today is one of those days.
    VENT
    I work in the mental health field, and I see all kinds of people. Today I did an assessment on a seventeen year old female today who gave birth yesterday to a baby (born 4 weeks early) who tested positive for opiates and possibly for marijuana and benzodiazepines. She has only used in the past year: alcohol, although she supposedly has not drank since she got pregnant. She admitted to smoking marijuana at least monthly (or more), using benzodiazepines and narcotics at least every other day, and smoking cigarettes daily.
    It took everything in me to try and be nice to her. Here I am, trying to have a child and she uses while pregnant. These are the days I wonder why I even try.

I also work in the mental health field. I recently got a promotion and work in insurance now, so I see less of this, but I used to all the time. I totally understand how you feel. I get so infuriated! You just got to remember that you can't help them all, and do your best to help the ones you can.
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Ugh, ugh, ugh (((hugs))) !!! I'm so sorry...it sure stinks doesn't it ! Our adopted ds went through significant drug withdrawal according to fostermom . His bmom was on crack and heroin...said she did it daily throughout her pg, breaks my heart! So.not.fair. :.

Thinking of you !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I don't normally post in here but I do understand how you feel. I work in a maternity unit where your client would be just one of several this week. It's really hard to go from the mom who did this to your other patient who might be someone losing a much longed for baby. So far I havent found a great way to deal with it.

I hate these kinds of stories. I know so many people that would love and care for these children, but unfortunately it seems that these horrible people are the ones that get pregnant so easily. I hope you get your bundle soon! It's not fair that people who don't deserve them or want them can have them so easily, while others like us struggle each day just to conceive.
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

Yeah, my bundle of joy won't be coming anytime soon. DH is going to have a testicular biopsy to see if he produces any sperm at all. We still don't know when that is scheduled yet. After that is done, then we have a couple of options. If he has sperm, then we do in-vitro. If does not have sperm, then we have decided to do the sperm donor route.
    I am soooo tired of waiting.

Where I work, I tend to see the minority of kids that have problems. I don't always get to see the good ones. I sometimes forget that if I have children, my children will more than likely end up just fine (without all the behavior problems that I see on a regular basis).

I know that if I do end up pregnant, I will cherish my child, and that is all I can do.

Just wanted to offer my support. I can't imagine how hard it is. Just know that you do great work and you can make a difference, maybe not for everyone but for some and that's enough.

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    Yeah, my bundle of joy won't be coming anytime soon. DH is going to have a testicular biopsy to see if he produces any sperm at all. We still don't know when that is scheduled yet. After that is done, then we have a couple of options. If he has sperm, then we do in-vitro. If does not have sperm, then we have decided to do the sperm donor route.
    I am soooo tired of waiting.

Where I work, I tend to see the minority of kids that have problems. I don't always get to see the good ones. I sometimes forget that if I have children, my children will more than likely end up just fine (without all the behavior problems that I see on a regular basis).

I know that if I do end up pregnant, I will cherish my child, and that is all I can do.
    You will definitely appreciate yours much more! I'm sorry to hear that you still don't have a date for that!! That is very frustrating!!! Is there any way you can push them to set one up? TTC is frustrating enough with all the time we have to wait!! Lots of hugs!!

I wish that I could speed things up....I have been only waiting to get pregnant for almost 18 months....and it doesn't look like I will be getting pregnant any time soon. Getting pregnant on my own will not happen, so I have to have help from the professionals. When we were talking to the reproductive endocrinologist .... he kept telling me that I could wait as long as I wanted.....problem is.....I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE.................I want to be able to have my baby sooner rather than later.....UUUUUGGGGG!

I wish that I could speed things up....I have been only waiting to get pregnant for almost 18 months....and it doesn't look like I will be getting pregnant any time soon. Getting pregnant on my own will not happen, so I have to have help from the professionals. When we were talking to the reproductive endocrinologist .... he kept telling me that I could wait as long as I wanted.....problem is.....I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE.................I want to be able to have my baby sooner rather than later.....UUUUUGGGGG!
    I don't blame you! I would be just as frustrated!! I hope things start to get moving for you!

!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Been there. Nothing I can say will take that feeling from you so all I can offer is
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012