View Poll Results: Are you and DH on the same page (today) about having a child/more kids/beingdone ?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...we totally agree we are done

34 45.33%
  • No he wants more kids and I am done

3 4.00%
  • No, I want more kids and he is done

16 21.33%
  • other

22 29.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you and your DH on the same page (today) about having more kids/not havngi more?

Default Are you and your DH on the same page (today) about having more kids/not havngi more?

Just curious. are you and your Dh (and/or other children) on the same page with having more children or not having more (as of today).

DH and I are both done. We have 2 kids---one of each. We are both perfectly satisfied with the number of kids we have. So we are on the same page today (in the future it could change but I really doubt it)

Nope. Haven't been in ages. DH would like a dozen, I wanted none. We have one, and I am way more than done.

My option was not there. We both agree that we want more probably 2 more.

No, my dh is one and done, 100% done. I would have liked 1-2 more children. Sigh.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

As of now we all want more, but there seems to be discrepancy about how many. My oldest basically wants me to be the next Michelle Dugger - announcing a new baby every 18 mos or so till it kills me or I hit menopause! I'm not ok with this plan right now, just in case there was some question. DH is almost ready to be done because 4 wheel drive vehicles only go up to 9 seats at the most. I guess everyone had their reasons for weight they want/ don't want more. :/ I didn't really have a number in mind. I think I'll know when I get there.

Blog Entries

My DH says that he is done after this one but I would like at least one more. We agreed to talk about it after our third is around two (we don't want to have a two year old and a three year old at the same time again if possible).
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

We are done and I am fine with that. However, I wanted to adopt a third but he shut that down a looooong time ago As far as biological children, we are on the same page. He won't agree to adoption for sure. I can't say I am heartbroken about it but would jump on the opportunity in the super uber unlikely event he says "yes"
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

We are biologically done-no other options there so we're both on the same page by default. Adoption...today we're both on the same page (as in we're not planning on it). He never changes pages but I still do although it seems more and more often I stay on the done page. Fostering is something that we're both still open to, but not until our kids are older.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

We are on the same page. We're done.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

I cant see the options on my tablet, but we are both not sure if we want another one after #3 is born. I grew up with 2 sisters and I always thought it was awkward. One kid was always the odd one out. However, now that #3 is due, I'm not sure I can handle another one, and neither is DH, although at this point we are both still open to the idea.

ETA: I voted other.
    Last edited by KC's wifey; 04-03-2013 at 05:20 PM.

I voted other, because we're not really on the same page, but not that far off either. I would love to have at least one more, but not for a few years (we have a big move next summer). DH would be happy with one, but he's definitely open to having another at some point.
    Jennifer

We are both done and I don't see either of us changing our minds. We needed an RE to get pregnant both times. I had complications with DD and then DS came 6 weeks early and spent 12 days in the NICU. And to top it off, our RE passed away about a month ago, which just seemed like one final sign that we are blessed with our 2 beautiful children and don't need to push our luck and try for another. I used to want more, and even thought I would still want one more up until somewhat recently, but since being pregnant with DS I have felt like he is our last and am happy with that decision.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

We are both done. Very, very, done. It wont change!
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (20M)

We are both done. After all the losses we can not handle any more. Though we thought about fostering/adopting but we decided with 2 we can easily travel and have no issues. So we will most likely not foster/adopt. I want to take my kids to see the world and help them with college and with 2 children we can do that.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

DH and I don't have a page lol. We both agreed/planned for/tried for this pregnancy but it's our first so we both don't have any idea of how many we want. We know we want this one though, so we're on the same page with that lol.

Kinda moot b/c I'm too old to have more kids naturally... but I wanted more and still want more.

We're supposed to be entering the foster care system (perhaps to adopt someday), but he's dragging his feet on completing the screening process. We're 95% done, having passed every hurdle but for his medical exam and getting the bedroom together. Admittedly, it would be tough, e.g., i've been working nights and weekends for weeks now with no end in sight and the business that he started a year ago - and which cut our income in half - is succeeding but takes all of his time. Our marriage and lives have unbearable stresses already. But the window that we started to open 16 mos ago is closing. He simply doesn't want what I do.
    Last edited by ibisgirldc; 04-03-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Our option of we both agree we'd like more isn't there so I said other.
    However, three teethers is starting to get to me and I may just be done. I feel like since I hold the last 6 chances ever for our donor that we should at least give it one more try but lately, IDK, I may be done. For now I'm gonna wait and see how I feel in a few months. Dh would have a dozen or more if possible.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah 9/10 - 3/11
    FFS "Baby C" 4/23 - 5/26 Sibs Q,Z,J & K

Technically I guess we haven't started yet.....but we are on the same page of one and done. Unless there is some miracle pregnancy after the adoption, then we will take it as a sign and have two. I used to want to but it's taken way to long to get one. And I absolutely know that I will not go through IF treatments and we are only going through the adoption process once (adoption is definitely NOT an easy road). But I also don't plan on going on birth control again......so since the IF is unexplained, I suppose there is a chance.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yes we are both done (we have 2- boy and a girl). I would have pushed for another one if we had 2 boys I think but we don't.

We agree...we want more, whether by birth or adoption . We are open to fostering without the intention of adopting in the distant future.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

We both want at least one more after this one... but are waiting to make sure after we get a feel for having 2 kids
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

Blog Entries

After this baby is born we are done. Three was our ideal number...we agreed on that long ago.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

I selected other...DH is done, done, done BUt I'm not sure I am...I wanted another one, but I honestly don't know if I can handle/want to go through the baby stage again (sleepless nights, teething, etc). I definitely want to foster/maybe adopt even when my kids get bigger.

We are both done. Probably me more than him, but we don't plan to have anymore.

After we had DD, I wanted another one and DH was done. Now, I am totally happy with one with child and my DH would like to try for another baby. I am old, so I am done....actually, I am pretty sure I will be going on the Pill soon.

He was always "one and done", but was willing to have more if I really wanted more. And I did, even through all our struggles, a difficult delivery, and even up until the 4 month GS hit. Seriously, that GS and the next 18 months almost killed me. At that point I knew I couldn't do that again, not without a TON of support, and that's just not going to happen. So while I would like to have more, I know it's not in the cards for us. Another baby would probably be the end of our marriage. So yeah, now we are on the same page.

Other. We are not 100% on the same page, but close enough to work it out. DH would be fine with being done...that may be his preference to a slight degree, I want one more. DH is OK with it, even a little excited, so I am not twisting his arm too hard. After our last bio child we would both be open to fostering, way down the road.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

Carrie...what is GS?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Carrie...what is GS?
    Growth spurt

We are on the same page and done. I would have loved to add another child to our family, but the quote below summed it up perfectly for me. In our case our newborns were miserable and continued to be high needs babies/toddlers. We have no family support and DH is our sole income so it all fell on my shoulders. If DH waivered at all after our 2 I'm sure I would have been convinced to go for a third. But, I am actually quite okay being done with 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MomOfAnOnly View Post
    He was always "one and done", but was willing to have more if I really wanted more. And I did, even through all our struggles, a difficult delivery, and even up until the 4 month GS hit. Seriously, that GS and the next 18 months almost killed me. At that point I knew I couldn't do that again, not without a TON of support, and that's just not going to happen. So while I would like to have more, I know it's not in the cards for us. Another baby would probably be the end of our marriage. So yeah, now we are on the same page.
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06