Thread: Bassinet/Co-Sleeper???

Default Bassinet/Co-Sleeper???

What kinds have worked for you guys? What did you like/dislike about them?
    My first 2 babies both slept in their crib from day one but since the new baby will be sharing a room with DD (who is a light sleeper) I have come to the realization that the new baby will probably have to room with us for awhile. Any suggestions would be great! We don't have a huge bedroom so size also matters. Thanks in advance
    Joanie (33), DH (33), Thomas (13), Angel Baby 9/9/10, Katherine (2), Angel Baby 8/28/12, Daniel (born 6/23/13 at 35 weeks)

We used a bassinett with Nolan when he was itty bitty and than he mostly came to bed with us for a while.

With this one I am wanting to get a side-car mini crib, but it'll just depend on whether I want to spend the money or just use the bassinett (which we still have) again.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

We will be side caring the crib with her. DS bed shared and still does but our king sized bed just aint big enough lol.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)

I used a pack and play with bassinet. I pulled it up next to the bed and was able to just reach over and get the baby.

I have been looking at the side-car cribs but they are kind of expensive compared to some bassinets. We have a pack & play with the bassinet but I am afraid that may be too big to squeeze next to my bed. It would fit in the room just not right next to me which I want since I will be BF'ing. Guess I will do some more research. Thanks ladies!!
    Joanie (33), DH (33), Thomas (13), Angel Baby 9/9/10, Katherine (2), Angel Baby 8/28/12, Daniel (born 6/23/13 at 35 weeks)

We use a rock and play sleeper and love it. Our bassinet was huge and this takes up so little space and even folds up easily so you can take it to different places in your house!

My first loved her bassinet, was tiny and barely moved when she slept, she loved the bassinet for about 5 months.
    My second is larger, moves around a lot and hates her bassinet, we are putting up the crib this weekend!

Blog Entries

We had a mini-crib that both girls disliked. With DD2 we tried the mini-crib and the pack n play co-sleeper, neither of which she liked (she also disliked her crib). So she pretty much slept with us from day 1 until she was 2 or so.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Quote Originally Posted by fourgulls View Post
    We use a rock and play sleeper and love it. Our bassinet was huge and this takes up so little space and even folds up easily so you can take it to different places in your house!
    I just looked this up online & so far I like it the best for the space issue. Plus, we go out of town most weekends during the summer & fall so this would be the perfect size for our camper.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    I used a pack and play with bassinet. I pulled it up next to the bed and was able to just reach over and get the baby.
    This is what I did too.
    Jennifer

I've heard great things about the rock and play sleeper. I'll get that if the baby does not like sleeping in the arms reach co-sleeper that I'm planning on using.

I *love* my Arm's Reach co-sleeper!!! Baby is close, almost no "drop" like with a bassinet, keeps baby from rolling out of bed if you bring them to bed with you to nurse and fall asleep (happens all.the.time. here). I know it has an age/weight limit but my 30# 3yr old crawls into it most early mornings and falls asleep (Adam is always in bed with me by then). I haven't taken it down since I got it (when my 3yr old was 9months). It's portable and I love that I can take their "bed" when we're away from home. We have the full size and it converts easily to a playpen.

I was given a bassinet which I did like (had wheels) for naps...I could take them with me wherever I went and they were up off the floor (important for me since I had little ones that needed supervision around the baby). If I had to choose though I'd pick the co-sleeper hands-down.

I had thought of side-carring the crib but it's huge and I really dislike having to take it apart to move it...it would just be too much (and we have a fairly large bedroom).

Eta...20130404_171000_zps06833134.jpg Just to give you a basic idea of the size ...our bed is a king
    Last edited by kellyowens; 04-04-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

We are using the Graco Travel Lite mini crib next to our bed. We've only been home with the baby for about a week, but so far it has worked great. It is basically a smaller version of a pack and play, and is relatively inexpensive.
    Me-Katie(34) & DH-Tim(42). Married 10/2003. TTC since 6/2008. MC 5/2010 (8 weeks). MC 1/2011 (8 weeks). BFP 7/20/2012.

I used the arms reach co sleeper at first. I would wheel it out to the living room and put dd in it starting around 6or 7pm. Then when I was ready to go to bed I would wheel it into my bedroom. I did that for the first few months. After she outgrew the cosleeper I side-carred the crib to my bed.

For my next baby I plan to side car the crib right away and use the co sleep in the living room for naps and evening.

I liked having a bassinet for Sophia for a couple of months. She started to STTN around 10-12 weeks and then at the time shared a room with Cody until we moved into a 3 BR.