Thread: What pump should I buy?

Default What pump should I buy?

I already have the double electric Lansinoh and it was fine, but sometimes has a little trouble as it's 5 years old.

I keep hearing that insurance will pay for one...what is your experience with this?

What is your favorite pump?

How often do you plan on pumping? Maybe your current pump just needs new parts?

Eta: insurance paid for my hospital grade rental pump for as long as I needed it because i've had breast augmentation. So just tell them you had a boob job ;)
    Last edited by dunegirl; 04-10-2013 at 08:07 PM.

I've been exclusively pumping for over 6 months now (at this point about 5 times a day) and have been using a Medela PISA. I love it, its been great! I definitely recommend it! I don't have any experience with insurance as my DH is military and TriCare doesn't cover them at all.
    Jennifer

Not sure how much I will pump, but I will only work part time. My current pump's motor will pause mid-action, so it's not a parts issue (well, maybe motor parts...), it doesn't make it useless, just annoying. I figured if I could get a new one, I would!

Oh! And I would LOVE to be able to leave one pump (new one) at my job, and then keep old one at home for those times when I pump at home.

I used the medela PISA too and I liked it. It might be too much if you only work PT though.

I rented the hospital grade Medela Symphony to use at home and overnights when I was getting up to pump (DS sttn early on and I needed the milk), and used my Medela Freestyle to take to work because it was easier to pack and go. I think I did 4 months of the rental, starting when DS was about 6 weeks old.
    Vicki 39 DH45 SD12 SS9
    DS Hudson Sept 23, 2009!
    DS Trevor July 29, 2012!
    "Fat babies have no pride" - Lyle Lovett