Thread: Stomach Ache

Default Stomach Ache

Mira (3) has been complaining of stomach pain for the last two days. She had been fine until Wednesday, when she complained about her stomach hurting a little while after dinner. She was in tears, I figured it might be an upset stomach/gas, had her sit on the throne, and after a while, she calmed down, and went to sleep, although she still said that her stomach hurt. She was fine all yesterday, until after dinner again. Same thing, and she went to bed after I rubbed her stomach. This morning, she was apparently complaining after having breakfast according to DH. She is currently watching something and not complaining, so I don't know what this is about.

When I was rubbing her stomach, I was doing it in the general belly button area, and she asked me to rub higher up, in the area closer to her ribs. Could it be heartburn? Something else? I'll call the pedi, but thought I'd ask here as well.

Has she been doing #2 regularly? Is she backed up?

That location may indicate gas. I frequently get pain there and bloating a little while after eating. I would keep an eye on what she is eating and if she is going #2 enough before calling the pedi.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Blog Entries

My DD complains of stomach aches on and off, too. It never hurts long enough for us to know where it hurts and she isn't keen on people touching her very much. She will usually complain for a few days in a row and then stop. Her pooping is more sporadic and usually different during those times so we've always just assumed constipation/gas/minor gastrointenstinal upset.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Not stopped up for sure, although she hasn't been drinking as much water as usual, so I've seated her with a cup of water and have asked her to drink.

Mine also complain about this a lot. I think it's a common complaint among kids but I would keep an eye on it.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

2/3 of my kids complain of tummyaches pretty regularly, too. I figure they are not necessarily constipated, but more just a result of either gas and crampiness or a more sensitive viscera. I can get pretty vicious headaches and tolerate them well, but a stomachache can make me feel like I'm going to die.

It's a little disconcerting, because Dr.Google says all sorts of dire things. The pedi said to keep an eye on it, and to bring her in if it continues. But he also thinks it is likely just minor GI upset.

I know you are indian Suja.. You are probably very familiar with concoctions like below.. I give it to my daughter when I feel she is starting a cold, stomach bug and everything vanishes.. but u need to give it for a few days regularly to see a difference

Boil equal qunatities of
    1) small piece of garlic
    2) small piece of ginger
    3) Omam/ajwain
    4) Turmeric..

Strain and give her few tablespoons of this water morning/evening... All teh ingredients help with digestion, cold, gas and what not.. Give it a try
    Last edited by pray2god; 03-29-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Me-(35), DH(37), DD(4y1m) DS(13month)

Some probiotics might help. Or essential oils- doTERA has one called digestzen that works wonders for tummy troubles.

My DD tells me her tummy hurts at least every other week. I figured it was related to constipation. I recently started giving her probiotics and they seem to help.

I spoke too soon. She hasn't pooped in two days. If things don't get moving tomorrow, I'll put another call in to the pedi.