Thread: Possible pregnancy, only 17 years old... HELP!

Question Possible pregnancy, only 17 years old... HELP!

I am currently worrying as to whether or not I am pregnant. I am only 17 years old and was in no way trying to conceive, but hey, stuff happens. If I am, I will just have to suffer the consequences for the decision that I made, I am thoroughly against abortion but do not feel that I am strong enough to be a pregnant woman. I have not taken a home pregnancy test yet although my AF was due about 4 days ago. I seem to be too afraid to face the truth because I've just got this feeling that I am, that's why I've been so okay with putting off getting a test because I am almost certain that I am because I have never felt this way before or this in-tune with my body, it's quite strange. I do not remember the date of my last menstrual period but I am positive of the possible date of conception, which would be March 17th, exactly 12 days ago. 5 days after having unprotected sex, I got a brown spotting followed by two days of bright red bleeding. I thought this was my period, but it would have been a few days early. Strange thing is, this bleeding only lasted two days and followed by brown spotting just like before I began to bleed. I had never before had a period that lasted two days or have had such a bright red of blood. So I do not know whether to chalk this up as an early period or implantation/decidual bleeding since I did not get my period the 25th which is when my AF usually is each month (though I tend to have an irregular period alot.) I have read that a test is best about 14 days after conception so if I do not get my full blown period within 3 days I will go out and get a test. Unless you think right now is a good time where there is no possibility of getting a false negative because I do not want to go through this. I am just so scared and at such a crossroad & have no idea what to do with my life as of now.

I will not respond to let alone even read through any judgmental comments on how irresponsible my choice is, I do not need anyone's reassurance to my mistake, I am agreeing that I made a mistake, but we all do. So please, I do not need anyone kicking me while I'm already down, so to speak. I just need support from some experienced mothers of how to go about this crazy boat I'm in.. I'm so afraid...

Any advice/ insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you and God bless!

First, take a test. And find out if you need to be worried. Even the $tree tests are accurate and only cost a dollar. Women's bodies do crazy things. Most of us will have some time our body psychs us out. You just cannot know without a test

Take a test, and if it is positive, start on prenatal vitamins right away.

Take a test. If you're ready to deal with pregnancy you're ready to take a test

I agree...there may be absolutely no need to be worrying at all until a test will tell you for sure. Putting it off is only prolonging your stress.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

As everyone else said, the first step is to take a test. Find out whether or not you really are pregnant, and then you can worry about what you're going to do. After you take the test, come back here and talk to us. You will find many, many, supportive ladies on here ready, willing, and able to talk to you and support you in whatever you decide to do.

Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

You need to take a test to find out for sure before you worry about anything else. Best of luck!
    Jennifer

Take a test to start with. The added stress can prolong your period, if it is on it's way. Good luck. I hope you get the answer you want. Keep us posted.
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]

I agree with everyone to take a test and I would recommend the dollar store tests or you can go to planned parenthood and pay a small fee. GL!