Thread: Super Dry Scalp

Default Super Dry Scalp

With the pregnancy hormones seeming stronger than ever right now, my scalp is so dry. I'm sick of itching my head...I feel like I have lice or something. I've tried different shampoos and conditioners, and even skipped a day in between washing my hair while in the shower. I've tried to use water that is milder versus the piping hot I love, but nothing seems to work. My hair is either super dry, or super greasy (yuck!) from being over zealous with certain combinations.

Anyone have advice???

Thanks!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

I know you said you have tried different shampoos, but the shampoo and conditioner that works for me. The Paul Michel tea tree oil. I live in Colorado where it is extra special dry. Another thing that works, is an inti-frizz of some sort.

Have you tried dry shampoo so you can skip a day of showering (so you aren't drying the scalp) but you can de-grease your hair? Bumble & Bumble even has dry shampoo for dark hair.
    Rae (27), DH (26), Lucas (6/3/12), Amelia (12/13/13)

Normally Head & Shoulders and/or Clear will work well for me, but lately it has gotten worse.

I've switched back to T-Gel lately and can not let my hair be wet for any extended period of time or it gets worse.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

2 words...... Coconut oil. Amazing and helps so much. It helps to place alllllllllll over the skin and scalp to help with itchiness. I put it on my scalp and hair, allow it to soak in for 30 min then take a shower with my normal stuff. It soaks in without being too much and I have no issues.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

Ooooh! Great ideas ladies! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)