Thread: Have a question for those with monitored cycles

Default Have a question for those with monitored cycles

This is what I'm doing for this cycle:

CD 3- Start Femera and have cd3 bloodwork
    -Start opks on cd 10
    -Call RE when I get a pos opk.
    -Take Ovidrel 6 days after pos opk<<< This is where I'm lost. Is that not too late for this shot?
    -Check Progesterone CD21
    -Add Prometrium once preggo.

Help!!!!

I did find this piece of info online: Significance

HCG shots are commonly administered to trigger ovulation and may also keep the growing embryo intact.

Read more: HCG Hormone Therapy During Pregnancy | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5418583_hc...#ixzz2OfdO4tWs
    Last edited by babypayne; 03-26-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]

I thought ovidrel was supposed to make the egg release...no experience but that does seem odd and wouldn't you need an u/s to determine if the follies are ready . I would definitely call the dr and ask!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

He did mention the hcg would help my body hold onto the pregnancy better. So since I have no problem getting pg,he thought this might help. I will definitely ask to be sure at my appt tomorrow.

Then that might make sense since it would be after fertilization and just before implant ...kup!

So excited for you to be started on this...woot...!

I'm scared to death. Please pray for me to stay calm.

Quote Originally Posted by babypayne View Post
    I'm scared to death. Please pray for me to stay calm.
    !!!

Praying!!!!!!!

GL! I agree, double check with the dr, but the explanation seems to fit what they are telling you to do even though it is different than what I will be doing. If you are feeling scared we are always here for you!

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck!!

I just left the RE's office. My instructions are correct on when to do the Ovidrel shot. I do wait until 6dp POS opk. And he said I was correct as to why. It's to make my body hold onto the pregnancy, not make me ovulate. So, I start the femera today and just go from there.

midgetlb6 Guest

that is awesome fx babe take those pulls girl get on it !!!!!!!! yay

!!! Let's get this party started !!! Praying !!!

omg I hope this is your cycle! I have heard of others using HCG as a 'boost' in the 2ww...just be really careful about POASing after that, taking the HCG that late will show up on a stick for quite a while. Keep us posted as you progress through all of this, so exciting!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I never heard of that, but it makes sense given the explanation. I did not know this was an option. Something for me to ask my RE about, as a matter of fact. Good luck!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Thanks ladies. And Erica, how long should I wait to start poas or should I test the trigger out so I'll know when it's really out of my system? Wwyd

when hcg shot is taken in this way it is called a booster. It kinda tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant so your body will start creating that nurturing environment. Be warned, though, that the chances of getting OHSS are higher when you take an hcg booster after ovulation.

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

Thanks Robin. I really don't know much about that. I guess I need to research it so I know what to watch for. Yikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babypayne View Post
    Thanks ladies. And Erica, how long should I wait to start poas or should I test the trigger out so I'll know when it's really out of my system? Wwyd
    That depends on how much you will be taking. The half life is 24-36 hours, so you can calculate when the trigger should be out of your system after you take it. Or you can test it out, but depending on when you give yourself the injection, and when implantation/BFP occurs, you might never be able to test it to negative because the little embryo will be taking over the HCG secretion before the trigger fully leaves your system.

Good luck!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I did the hcg booster shot to get pg both times. I think I did mine 5 days after ovulation so pretty similar to yours. I have a borderline short LP and I used the hcg booster and the progesterone suppositories to lengthen my LP. I honestly don't think I would have ever gotten pg without those two things.

I never tried to test out the hcg booster, but I got my BFP's at 11dpiui and 12dpiui. I did get a false really light line at 12dpiui one time but it was gone by the next day. So based on my experience, you might be ok to test at 13dpo? Good luck!!!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Thank you. That's great to know.

My Ovidrel came today!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting excited now!

Wahoo!!! Excited for you too!

!!! Woohoo...getting close!! Lots of prayers and !

Yay I was so glad to see you in this forum!! I will be thinking about you <3
    Brea(23) DH(25) We had our miracle baby Jaxon on May 06, 2011! (m/c 3/23/09 m/c 7/18/10 m/c 7/13/12)

Brea, thank you! I am more scared than ever but know deep down in my heart, I am making the right decision to try just one more time. I know there's a baby out there for me to love.

Today is CD 11, so it's almost that time. YIKES!!!!
    Last edited by babypayne; 04-04-2013 at 01:55 AM.
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]

GL!!! I'm sending you truckloads of
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

I'm using my opks and so far, they're very neg. Hopefully soon, it'll turn pos. I'm now on cd 12, so it won't be much longer . Thanks for the babydust . Keep it coming .

Hoping we both get pos OPKs soon! CD14 and mine are still very neg! Good luck!!!!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)