Thread: Might be back here soon

Default Might be back here soon

Well today I had an appt. with my RE. It looks as though I will be having surgery for Endometriosis in a few weeks. The date isn't scheduled yet since they're checking on my insurance but as soon as they get that figured out I'll be scheduled for surgery. Normally I'd be scared to have surgery but I'm kind of looking forward to this in a way. We've had so many questions for so many years and this will finally answer them. Blood work has only shown mild PCOS and mild IR with that. I had a m/c at nearly 10 weeks this time last year...in fact today marks the one year anniversary of the loss. They think now that Endo was probably responsible for the m/c, but we should have those answers soon for good and all I hope. My RE is very optimistic that with this surgery my fertility will improve dramatically and said he wants us trying within two weeks of surgery. That scares me a little since we have a 4 month old foster baby that we're hoping to adopt. I think we may go for it anyway though. It's been nearly a year now since we last tried and I feel like I've gotten a good break and a lot of healing from that break so I'm kind of excited about trying again, especially with real answers. So hopefully I'll be back here soon but for only a short stay.
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

!!!! Oh Leah, I'm so excited for you...eek, really praying everything goes perfectly with your surgery and your stay here is short !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Leah - I have silently stalked your story in the adoption room and am excited you may be joining us here! Good luck with surgery!!

Aw so glad to see you coming back.

Thank you ladies! I'm kind of excited at the possibility again. I'm looking forward to having the answers of the surgery the most probably. We're pretty sure I had a chocolate cyst back in 2005 but no one followed up on it then and the RE is concerned that could mean I'm a stage 3 or something. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I'm 3 or 4 but we'll just have to see. Surgery can't hurt so it's worth doing in my book.

I asked DH tonight if he'd really be willing to try again that soon. It could be less than 2 months that we'd be trying again and he said he's fine with it. Having our sweet little foster baby girl has changed him in a way I never expected. Not long after she came to live with us he told me that he didn't realize why I was so focused on having children RIGHT NOW before as waiting didn't seem a huge deal to him. He was always very supportive but of course not emotionally invested like I was. He is now. He said he gets it and he understands now that you don't wait for everything in life to be perfect before you have kids and that family is everything. So he's more on board than ever and I just love that.
    MMC 4/12

That's wonderful!!! I've totally been stalking you and your experience with your sweet girl...I hope your TTC stay is short and sweet!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Aww, this gave me goosebumps. So excited for you! I hope this will be the answer you're looking for and that your family just gets bigger and bigger!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] with the terrible chiweenies Ozzie and Sharon 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Wishing you a safe and successful surgery and a super quick BFP! Love reading your updates in the adoption room...I feel like I'm going through all the ups and downs right along with you.

I am so excited for you Leah! Can't wait to continue on this journey with you. Good luck with your surgery.

Good luck with your surgery! I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and an even speedier BFP!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

That's so wonderful to have such great support from both your RE and DH. I hope surgery goes well!
    1/20/13 7/7/13

So excited for you, Leah! This is great news! Keep us posted with your surgery.

Oh, Leah. I'm so thrilled that the surgery is approaching and I hope that soon the difficulties you've had are a distant memory. Enjoy your baby girl and best of luck with TTC!!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Thank you everyone so much! We're looking forward to our future right now instead of dreading it and feeling like it will be sad and child free. Today we got some good news on baby girl and she should be staying with us after the next court hearing at the end of this month. They even talked today of permanency (though anything could happen) which could be a very good thing and another step in the direction of adoption. We sure hope so! We want nothing more than to make her a part of our family forever and hope that we get that chance. We're praying and keeping everything crossed that it does!
    MMC 4/12

Quote Originally Posted by Leah26 View Post
    Thank you everyone so much! We're looking forward to our future right now instead of dreading it and feeling like it will be sad and child free. Today we got some good news on baby girl and she should be staying with us after the next court hearing at the end of this month. They even talked today of permanency (though anything could happen) which could be a very good thing and another step in the direction of adoption. We sure hope so! We want nothing more than to make her a part of our family forever and hope that we get that chance. We're praying and keeping everything crossed that it does!
    OH THAT IS SOOOO EXCITING!!! I'm so glad to see you back in here, it makes it feel more real! That is so awesome that they are starting to talk about permanency!!! I can't wait for the day we can celebrate her staying!
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!