Thread: Unable to get milk out of left breast

Default Unable to get milk out of left breast

Up until two days ago, I was able to get milk out of both breasts, no problem at all. I ended up getting very sick from a combination of a very strong dose of iron supplements and a virus. I was given a medication for the vomiting and stomach pain, and turns out that it can dry up the milk. I have a feeling that it may have done something to the supply in my left breast. I'm having to pump and dump until 8 tonight just because of the medication, and I'm only able to pump 1/2 an ounce from the left side, but I can pump more than 3 ounces from the right. What can I do?? :-(

Blog Entries

Your left side just might not respond as well to a pump. I wouldn't give up hope until you've been able to nurse again for a week or so. So, my suggestion is to nurse, nurse, nurse once you can.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    Your left side just might not respond as well to a pump. I wouldn't give up hope until you've been able to nurse again for a week or so. So, my suggestion is to nurse, nurse, nurse once you can.
    Totally true! My boobs are like this!

Keep that babe on the boob once the medicine is gone from your system. You can also try supplements if you still need a boost.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

What kind of supplements?