Thread: INFRARED and pregnant

Default INFRARED and pregnant

hello there,

I hope someone can help. I am 2 weeks pregnant and it is an amazing surprise.
    But I was using an "hydration station" one week ago, basically it warms up your body to 120° with INFRARED.
    I am very scared that it could affect the baby. Unfortunately I did not know I was pregnant.

Please if anybody has a similar experience ? Are the INFRARED very bad ? I have read that it it is far worst than a tanning bed.

Thank you,

Lillie

Congrats on your pregnancy! However this forum room is for people who are struggling to conceive. Instead, I think you should call your dr and/or ask in a pregnancy forum room. GL!

Moving this question to Expecting in General.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I would call your doctor. Raising your body temperature above 99 degrees usually isn't recommended in pregnancy but since it was so early it may not be a big deal. Definitely call your doctor.
    Jenny 32, Jason 34, 1 cat, 12/09

Hmm, the inside of your body won't have been 120*, as *your* brain would start dying at around 108*. I'm not sure about infrared though and how safe it is or isn't. I would talk to your doctor. Good luck!

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.