Thread: Appt in Monday!

Default Appt in Monday!

Wow- I somehow forgot that my appointment is on Monday! The end of the month snuck up on me! So this is the initial appointment after a year of ttc. We have a son, and the only thing at has changed(I think) since then is a medical issue for dh that I'd rather not get into too much. We've also just had a lot of stress over the year that we have been getting a handle on. I am thinking it might be low sperm count for hubby based on the medical thing-we were told it might happen. I had some basic bloodwork done at my last physical- thyroid, etc and that was all good. And nothing of note at my last obgyn appt.

I'll be cd5 on Monday. Will that be ok? I would think I might still have a bit of spotting. I should have called today but I had totally forgotten.

Anyways, any words of wisdom? I am hoping for an easy visit. I don't always love going to the clinic- military- so often just treated like one more number. Ugh. But- will be good to get some groundwork done and see where we're at.

Well my dear Lizzie, I would just suggest making a list of questions, don't let any seem too small or insignificant. And try not to let them rush you!

I hope you'll get everything you need from your appt.

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Just stopping in to say good luck

GL! I agree about making a list of questions. Also write down/ talk about your goals, fears/concerns, and limits. And the spotting should be ok, I was spotting at my appt and it was fine.

!! Praying it goes well and you get a dr who is attentive and knowledgeable (((hugs))). I'm sorry to hear about dh's situation ...hopefully he has good enough numbers to work with.

Are you seeing a regular dr, ob, or re? Definitely try to get a referral to a re if you're not already seeing one . I dealt with my regular dr and ob/cnm through all of my losses and they really had no idea what they were doing...can't tell you how many times I heard the words "beyond our scope of... (knowledge, diagnostics, tx, etc...)" but they never gave me a referral to anyone else and I didn't know enough at the time to ask about an RE.

I think cd5 is fine for an initial visit. My pre-pg consult with the cnm was mostly questions and referrals

I wish I could help with what to ask but I'm in the same situation...kind of going in blind with my initial RE appt . I honestly am having the hardest time thinking of what I want to ask...cannot think of *anything* ! I'm guessing I'll have a lot of questions later depending on the diagnostics, results, and tx options if any.

Thinking of you!! Kup!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I'll be praying for you! ~Meg

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

Good luck!!!

Thanks for all the tips, advice, and encouragement!
    I was told that this appointment is with the obgyn that deals specifically with infertility. I am hoping for just a good discussion to make sure that it sounds ok on my end, and then get a referral for lab work for me and dh. And then go from there. Ugh, just trying to stay positive. I just really dislike the clinic. But, my last woman visit was good. So, I'm hoping this dr will be nice as well. I am the first appt, so it will be nice to get it out of the way.

Thanks! I will let you guys know :-)

Lol- funny story. A friend was having infertility issues and her dh had a referral for a semen analysis. I guess he was, lol, feeling the pressure, and didn't produce as much as expected, lol. So my friend had to call around asking if there was a minimum amount of semen required. Lol. Embarrassing phone calls! Luckily, for them the small amount was fine and had good results (and babies!) later. Still just makes me giggle.

Well- I got it over with early in the morning!

It went ok. The dr was nice enough. She did a quick exam and then an overview of testing. Since I did get pregnant before, and because of DH's history, she thought the big factor would be the semen analysis. I am feeling bad for him because I thought I could pick up the specimen cup for him at the lab and he could do it at home. He has to make an appointment and use the bathroom at the army hospital. She was funny- saying that tests for females are much more invasive so it really shouldn't be a big deal. I get that, but still is embarrassing! I told DH and he is fine about it. Oh, lol, and then they repeat the test if it is low to see if it is a sustained problem.

I guess she was pretty optimistic that it wouldn't take too much to get pregnant. First, the SA, then dye test for me if his numbers are normal. Then talk about clomid. But she thought it wouldn't get that far.

I just go in on cd 21 to get some bloodwork done- prolactin and progesterone and some other things.

She definitely didn't seem to think much of natural tips. Said elevating hips did nothing, raspberry tea no documented effect, stress shouldn't have this much of an effect over a year if I am ovulating. Lol, and those answers I got after she give me the dates for testing and was like "ok, nice to meet you" while she was looking at the computer. And I was like umm....I have a couple more questions. Lol!

Ugh! Anyways, it went well enough. I am hoping maybe it happens this month and we don't have to follow up with them much more. :-). If I am lucky enough to get pregnant, can't wait to make appointments with a midwife so I don't have to go there!!!!

Glad it went well and she is optimistic! GL!

(((Hugs)))...glad you're getting care but I'm sorry she wasn't more attentive ! Praying the SA results are good and dh won't have to repeat it...not a picnic for sure.

I'm really hoping you get a bfp this cycle and won't need to go back at all !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thanks! She was nice and very thorough, so I am pleased about that. I just wish they had a bit more of a personal approach. Yay! Here's to a relaxing cycle and praying for a bfp this month!!!

Thanks again for the encouragement!