Thread: Still waiting.

Question Still waiting.

So, a recap on my TTC story.
    Married June 2011.
    1st started TTC in Oct 2011
    Thought I was pregnant in Dec 2011/Jan 2012....wasn't.
    June 2012 went to the OB-GYN....she told me to wait til Oct 2012
    Oct 2012...did testing, I came back just fine, husband had no sperm.
    Nov 2012 US and blood for DH....insurance lied and said they would cover it....didn't
    Dec 2012 started on antidepressants for myself
    Jan 2013....new insurance...scheduled surgery for DH...started college part time
    Feb 2013...surgery for DH
    March 2013...appointment with reproductive endocrinologist....still no sperm for DH even after surgery.....started therapy to deal with all of this

Have another appointment with reproductive endocrinologist to decide if DH wants a second surgery to see if they can aspirate semen directly from the testes.....

Still waiting.....oh how I hate waiting.
    A co-worker younger than me is 6-8 weeks pregnant, and I am happy for her, but I am jealous too.
    But on the plus side, my DH told me last night he would be completely OKAY with having a sperm donor (this is the first time he has mentioned him being okay with this since October 2012).......

April 4th can't get here soon enough...........
    Lizzy

I'm sorry you have had to go through all of this Elizabeth. I'm hoping for the best for you and your DH. Good luck in whatever you decide to do! I'm hoping you get what you've waited for for so long. Keep us posted! &
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I'll keep you in my thoughts, just wanted to offer support!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Lizzy...it's so good to hear from you!

(((Big big hugs))) I'm so sorry dh's surgery was unsuccessful ! Praying the aspiration will be a go and will be completely effective. But if not it's good dh is open to a donor...that's a step in the right direction. My heart goes out to you with all of the waiting .

I'm glad you're talking with someone through all of this...do you feel like the meds are helping? Keeping you in thought and prayer !

Thank you all. This last few months (well to be honest, years) has been stressful. New job, new insurance, new medications, old and reoccurring family issues.....all in a normal day for me.
    Yes, I do believe the medication is helping, (when you get in an argument with your DH over the last time he went to the bathroom....then it is time to get some help)....I feel back to my normal for the most part. I have my good days and my bad days just like everyone else. Work is stressful, but that isn't anything new (constant schedule changes, a coworker from H E double hockey sticks)....
    I just want there to be a timeline....instead of this constant waiting game.
    Therapy is helping....so, I guess I have to hang in there until the 4th....and then we will schedule surgery (DH looked up a few things online and from what he can tell, the surgery won't be too bad).....and then wait for that to come along....then wait for the results for that....I hate waiting

Hi liz! I am still over here too. I am so sorry to hear that the surgey didn't work, but I am really glad to hear that you now have the 2 options that might work- sperm from your DHs testicle or a donor. It is really great that he is now open to that, as an option. April 4th is just next week! I hope your appt goes well and they can schedule the surgery soon if DH wants, or get you hooked up with donation center. GL!!!