Thread: Moving onto IVF

Default Moving onto IVF

So I got a BFN for this cycle.

And I am not sure if you guys will think this a little premature, but we have decided to move onto IVF instead of trying more IUI cycles. I am pretty busy with work but have a 2 month window where I my schedule will be a little more flexible. So we have decided to go to IVF so we can get the biggest bang for our buck and time. And I am also hoping to bank some embryos, because by the time I am ready to TTC #2 (hopefully #1 happens at some point) I will be close to 35 so it won't get any easier from then on out. SO hopefully this all works out and we can get pg and have the bonus of having some of my 32 yr old embryos banked.

I have talked to the nurse at my RE's office and it seems like if we want to do it, that is all the reason they really need, so I think this is really going to happen! Do any of you have any IVF advice? I have tried looking on line a little bit, so I have a good idea of the overall process, but I would love to learn some more!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

(((Hugs)))...I'm so sorry about the bfn .

I'm looking forward to stalking your ivf journey !! Praying everything goes perfectly !

Are you getting started this cycle or next?

No IVF experience but I wanted to wish you good luck!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

thanks Jen and Kelly! I am hopefully going to get "started" this cycle, but that means starting 4-6 weeks of BCP before I can start stimming. But the first step we need to do is to get some more labs done (required by the FDA) and meet with a psychologist to make sure we are of sound health and mind. Hopefully they do not hear about the stash of pg tests in my closet! lol
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

No advice, but I'm rooting for you!!! Can't wait to see your BFP

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

How exciting to have a plan! Good luck!!
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

Good luck to you! It is a big decision to move on to IVF, but we definitely know when it feels right. I felt like my IUIs prepared me for IVF pretty well, just kind of had to roll with the plan, all of the testing, injections, appointments, procedures, etc. I know it's a stretch for most, but I absolutely loved the Barbados Fertility Centre. I felt like I received the best care, spent way less (including the 2 week vacation!), and really appreciated not having to deal with work, family, even friends while going through the IVF cycle.

Good luck to you, can't wait to hear how it goes!

Good Luck Liz! I hope the best for you, I know that maybe one day DH and I will go this route if we get nothing in the next few months and DH has been poking me about it. It is a tough decision but I am glad your DH and you are making the next step!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Thanks everyone, your support really means a lot!

We talked again today and we are still feeling pretty good about this decision. But we know it will be hard. It would be really nice to go somewhere like barbados, but we like our RE and are planning on sticking with her for now. Plus it is really nice to go home and snuggle with our dogs and sleep in our bed. Maybe we can take a week off work the week we are done and go to the beach or something. And maybe if this cycle doesn't work, checking out somewhere overseas and warm for the next cycle, if I can ever get 2 weeks off of work at once lol

We are currently getting the labs and work-up done- I thought I had gone through a thorough work-up already, but apparently there are still things to check out!! And I start BCP tomorrow- I think I will hide my thermometer and try to sleep in when I can now! Is there any reason to temp with IVF? I am guessing that I will be so closely monitored it will not be helpful.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13