Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fertility aids

I'm not sure...I think it's supposed to have a cumulative effect but I don't have any experience .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I'm not sure...I think it's supposed to have a cumulative effect but I don't have any experience .
    Ditto, good luck!

My mom has a kit for making Ukrainian Easter eggs. The designs are pretty intricate and symbolic. I will be filling in some pictures of birds- supposed to be a sign of fertility. Lol..... Also, just a relaxing night!

Blah. Part of me wants to wait until next cycle.... but the other part of me hopes that there isn't a next cycle! but then I'd be mad that I spent $100 on stuff I didn't even use!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I got all my stuff in the mail today!! yayy! I now have fertiltea, fertileaid for me and DH, and preseed! i'm ready to get this ball rolling!!! I decided we're going to go ahead and take them starting now!

!!!

This is one of the threads I thought was gone, I was sad... Thanks for sharing the tip about view duration Kay!

And yay for your delivery!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Oh did you get it figured out? good! I used to think they deleted them after just a few days of no one posting. I couldn't believe it! haha. I was so happy when I figured out how to make them stick around!

The pills are simple enough, DH is upset that you're supposed to take them 3xday becuase he's afraid he'll forget at lunch time and he really wants to get the full effect. I think he could take 2 in the morning, but we'll see how he does. The tea is GROSS... but i don't like tea. I was hoping since I had read it was mint flavored, i could handle it... but it doesn't taste like any mint I've ever had! It's loose leaf too, so even though I ordered a tea ball, there's little particles at the bottom. I don't have the patience for straining, so I've just been leaving a little bit in the bottom and not drinking it all. Last night I tried the tea plain and was gagging the whole time. This morning DH put a spoonful of sugar in it and it was SO much better. I'm going to stop by the store and buy some Truvia. I don't need to gain a bunch of weight because I have to sweeten my tea. lol. I haven't used the PreSeed yet, because we didn't need it last night when we BD'd, but I can't wait because I've heard it's great. Well there's my lengthy update! As if anyone asked! lol

I love your updates...keep them coming!! LOL, I used to love herbal tea but ever since becoming a coffee drinker a few years ago tea tastes too "green" to me . I can tolerate it if I have to but I chug it as fast as I can !!

that it's effective!

Me too. i think it really may be too late for it to be too effective, but if I get AF, i'll just keep drinking it throughout. However, I'm hoping I get a BFP regardless!!! I'm amazed at how different this cycle has been so far! I hope it stays that way!

Was that above post really only 2 days ago? The craziness has set in! LOL. I'm second guessing all my charting observations. how can I have fertil CM and CP when I'm getting neg opks? Now I'm wondering if I'm doing this entire thing right. I know it's pointless to worry like this, but i can't help it! Since I only had EWCM for a few seconds I'm going to try out the PreSeed for the first time tonight. Sorry if TMI, but I'm excited about it. lol

Being excited is good! And the craziness is just part of the game.

What is PreSeed?

I think it takes practice with the charting, I know you'll get the hang of it!

The temping is simple enough... its the CM and CP i'm worried about. I mean is it typical for a cervix to be HSO for so many days in a row? Or am I imagining it? Maybe it really isn't soft, and it just feels soft to me. lol. These are the things that are running through my mind. I just have to remind myself that it's really the temp that matters.

PreSeed is a sperm friendly lubricant. I've read it actually mimics EWCM and assists the sperm. It's recommended for TTC in general, but I had a friend whose dr told her to use it becuase she didn't have much EWCM. You can use it like regular lube, or it comes with applicator tubes so you can deposit it directly at the cervix. It says you can insert it as much as an hour before BD, so we'll see how it goes!

Ahh I see, that sounds like a good product.

When I saw my Dr. last week I mentioned charted CP, and she said it was a very subtle thing and it could be hard to get it right without lots of practice. As for the firmness, that is pretty easy with you do it consistently every day. You probably read about the texture: feels like the tip of your nose = firm, feels like your lip = soft. That is pretty accurate in my experience.

I think your cm and cp look great! Generally what happens is that towards ovulation your estrogen levels increase which causes you to have ewcm and cervix changes. That typically goes on for 1-5 days *before* ovulation. Eventually, the rise in estrogen signals the pituitary to stop producing fsh which causes your LH to surge...ovulation happens within 24-36hrs. As soon as the follicle ruptures it collapses and estrogen levels plummet, drying up your cm. So you're right on track .

Also, semen contains prostaglandins which softens the cervix so that may be causing a discrepancy too.

Keep testing ...things are looking great so far! for a temp drop tomorrow!

Oh, Kelly! Bless you! You always know what to say to reassure me and make me feel better! I had no idea about semen softening your cervix! That's crazy, but good to know! Thank you! I'll test again late tonight. I've given up after work tests due to water consumption throughout the day. Hopefully I see something soon. Last month I got my positive opk on cd16 and it was pos for 2 days. I just feel like this cycle is going to be shorter with everything that's happening allready... but I guess I won't know until I know! I just get ahead of myself and then start to worry.
    Last edited by KayDub; 04-04-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Hey ladies... remember the fertility bracelet i was telling you about? The bracelet that our best friends truly, 100% believe, is the only way they can get pregnant? The one that they lent to me? Well, the unthinkable happened. It freaking broke last night! I couldn't believe it. I just stared at it as all the tiny beads and charms fell all over my tiled kitchen floor and bounced and rolled away. I wasn't even doing anything! The thing is 3 years old, has been worn through 2 different people TTC (not counting me) who have both told me they never took it off. Ever. Not even in the shower, or at night, or while at the gym. So, as nervous as I was, I was finally getting comfortable wearing it. I was getting ready to meet my friend at the park for a walk, and I reached for my coat. Hadn't even put it on yet, and it just broke. I am beyond devastated. I wasn't going t otell my friend i was walking with, because we're not telling many people we're TTC... but I ended up telling her. I told her that I found all of the beads, but have no idea how to fix it. She said the greatest words I've heard in weeks... "my mom makes jewelry. I'm going to visit her this weekend. bring it to me tomorrow and she'll fix it." I offered money, but her mom refused. I'm SO glad that DH took a pic the day his friend brought it to him at work, she'll be able to look at that and put it EXACTLY back together. My only thing is guilt. Are we terrible, horrible people if we fix this and don't ever tell the couple that let us borrow it? They told me to not let a single thing happen to it! I told DH that even when it's fixed, I won't wear it. We'll let the couple think i am so they don't think i'm being rude by not accepting their gift, but its too much pressure. DH has already bought me a fertility necklace and had it over nighted. He's so silly. I don't believe in these things, but i guess it makes him feel better... sigh. That was long and kinda ranty, I'm sorry. I'm just so upset by the whole thing, I had to share.

Oh Kay, I would feel the same way. Gosh, I don't know, I hope your friend's mom can put it back together the same way or they might figure it out. Maybe tell them after it's fixed?

Show us your necklace when it gets it!!

Oh no (((hugs)))...I'm so sorry Kay!

How sweet of dh to get you the necklace ...you might as well look gorgeous while ttc whether it works or not

I gave the bracelet to my friend yesterday to take to her mom. I guess we'll see how it looks when we get it back. I'm so nervous about it and feel so guilty, but I really think it would ruin everything for them if they knew it was broke.

I should be getting my necklace soon. He paid for overnight shipping on Thursday eve, so I'm hoping to get it today... but i'm afraid I won't get it until monday because it says "business days" Ugh. I'll post a pic when I get it.

My poor DH. he's so upset. He paid an extra $33 for overnight shipping... on Thursday. We still haven't received the necklace, or the email they said we'd get saying it shipped! He emailed them, and got an auto response saying it could take 1-3 business days just to get a response! He's out all that money, and can't even get anyone to answer him. I feel bad, because I know he was just trying to do something nice... but i'm also frustrated because i would have never spent as much on something like that!! I'm frustrated for him!

I'm sorry Kay, I would be frustrated too. It's really awful that you can't even get help from the company

I think that's the problem. It isn't a "company" it's somoene who has a website and makes them and sells them. Everything is custom made, so I'm sure they get busy and don't have anyone to help. I respect that... but they shouldn't offre next day shipping if they can't fullfill it.

That makes me mad for both of us. I have a little online shop and when other people treat their customer's badly, it makes it harder for all of us. I would never agree to shipping terms I know I couldn't fulfill. I hope your DH will be able to resolve this with the person and you get some kind of refund on the shipping cost--it's only fair.

yeah. we still haven't heard back from them... ordered on Thursday with overnight shipping... it's now Tues afternoon and not even a shipping confirmation! I'm getting more and more pissed! I want all my money back!

I agree with you, it's completely ridiculous and unprofessional.

PayPal won't do anything until it's been 45 days. UGH! This is why I tell my DH to not be so freaking impulsive. lol. His heart is in the right place... but still!

Oh my goodness...how frustrating !! I would incredibly upset ! I sure hope they bend over backwards to resolve this that is just ridiculous!!

(((Big big hugs))) Kay !!!

JUST got my necklace today. Only 10 days from the date of order. So glad we paid $35 for over night shipping. What also gets me is that they package says "2 day international' right on it! SO even after all that, the lady didn't use the shipping we paid for! I can't believe it. However, her return policy is ridiculous. You HAVE to let her know by email before sending anything back (we emailed her a week ago and NEVER got a response) AND you have to pay for return shipping, plus not get your money back for the shipping you paid before. So it's whatever. It's a lesson learned on his part. He's overly impulsive at times, especially when he's upset.

On the plus side though.... the necklace is beautiful! I'll post a picture later.

Wow! I'm so sorry!! But, looking forward to a pic!

My pretty necklace! I was going to crop out the website name, but decided not to so you girls could avoid this place at all costs if you decide to go the fertility jewelry route. lol