Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fertility aids

Default Fertility aids

Hey ladies. I was wondering what your thoughts/experiences are with things such as Pre-Seed, fertiltea, fertileaid vitamins (for both men and women), temping, OPK's, etc. I'm still waiting on AF to show, but once she does (which I think is inevitable with a BFN on CD32) I want to be prepared for next cycle. I want to do whatever I can to push this along. I'm not cut out for this TTC business. Stressing out and getting my hopes up and then being let down is too much for me. Do you think if I used all of the above, it would help, or stress us out even more? Which ones have you used and did you have good luck? As far as temping, I'm wondering if it's worth it for me because I get up to pee multiple times per night and am normally so out of it I wouldn't even be able to think to temp. I'm just upset and stressed out. I feel silly, because we've only been trying for 2 cycles, but it's been an extremely stress filled experience for us. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I like conceive plus. It's a fertility friendly lube. None of the supplements like fertilitea or vitex or rasberry leaf seemed to help my whacky cycles. Robitusson seemed to increase my fertile cf, but I did not get pg on it and got sick of taking the extra pills. And the soft cups just felt really uncomfortable and didn't seem like they were helping.
    Gosh, I have really tried a lot of things! I do like what I do now- tracking my bbt and cf. I hope this helps!

I don't know about other aids like supplements and opks but in my experience this year, sticking to a charting plan has made the biggest difference in my stress level. Sure, towards the end of my LP I was frazzled but you have to expect a little crazy with this process. But having a well maintained chart with temp and 1 other factor (at the least) monitored makes such a difference--at least it did for me.

It gave me something solid to check my emotions against, took away a lot of the guessing and what-ifs, and it was something to keep my mind busy so I wasn't thinking about other crazy things. PLUS you get the added benefit of having most of us look at your chart and give comments and ease your stress about it. So yeah...I'm a chart advocate
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I thought this was interesting http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-long...egnant_1813.bc

I don't think the fertilitea or pre-seed type lubes would hurt and if you find it more stressful you can always stop .

Definitely talk with your dr about your cycle being off though since that's not normal for you. I know it can take up to a year to conceive and still be normal but having some general bloodwork done might be a good idea. Have them check thyroid, cbc, b12, folate, and vit D.

Taking a prenatal vitamin is a good idea too. Make sure it has at least 400mcg of folic acid. My midwife said 15mg of zinc is supposed to be beneficial for ttc (my prenatal has it). I like Rainbow Light Prenatal one . Have dh take a fertility friendly vitamin too...my dh uses the men's formula from Rainbow Light.

(((Hugs)))...hang in there Kay! I know it's going to happen for you but it can be a stressful process
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Kelly! I use that prenatal too!

Oh and check out this deal on it---I just remembered I need to reorder. 90 for 19.90!

This month, I'm going to go back to temping. I was just a few days late this past cycle, and having a chart really would have helped! I'm also drinking the raspberry tea. You can find sources saying to take it either from AF to O or else the whole cycle.
    I think I'll do the pineapple core thing the first 5 days after o this time around.
    I've found that drinking tea has helped with the stress. I had a couple months where I was trying to cut all caffeine and alcohol, and for me, it just didn't help and just stressed me out more. One review for the raspberry tea I drank said that this girl would drink a cup and just relax for 30-45 min and that did the trick. I think any way you can help your stress levels will really be beneficial.
    I am also big on vit d- like kelly mentioned. I remember reading on this board some time ago that they were taking it for anxiety/depression. I have been low during the winter before and it was not fun!
    I just got pre-seed and I like it.
    Opk's annoyed me. :-)

Has anyone used Clincal guard opk strips? I found some on Amazon 50/$9.99!

I have been on a prenatal for some time now. I don't remember when I first started taking it, but I think back in January. It's just a CVS brand, but I researched everything a good PNV should have and it has it all in there. I also take an extra Vit-C & 2 Calcium + D everyday. I stopped taking fish oil, and melatonin, which I used to take everyday as well. I should be good in the vitamin department.

I just had a full physical in Jan, blood work and all. I'm sure there's a few things they may not have checked, but I told my Dr that we were wanting to start TTC and she gave me the go ahead. the only thing she was concerned about was my hips (i was born with hip displaysia in my left hip and it has been popping) but i got an xrray and MRI and was told I'm fine. So, I'm sure if she saw something in my numbers that was off, she would have told me then. Hopefully!

I just ordered a month's supply of Fertiltea, Fertileaid for women, & Fertileaid for men. I also got the 50 Clincal Guard OPK strips. I almost bought Instead Softcups, but DH thought it was weird so I didn't. LOL. Speaking of DH, he called me from work this morning all excited. He works with his best friend of 14 years, and has been confiding in him about our TTC journey. His friend and his wife just had their first baby about 2 years ago after TTC for 2 years. He told my DH that once they got OPK strips and a fertility bracelet they were pregnant that month. I had never heard of a fertility bracelet in my life, and I can't bring myself to believe that they work. however, his friend told my DH that they started trying for their 2nd just a few months ago, and are already pregnant. So he is going to bring that bracelet to my DH on Monday when they work again. How silly is that?! But my DH said, you're trying all these other things might as well, what could it hurt? and he's right, and if it'll make him feel better I'll wear it. LOL. I can't even pretend to be mad because I think it's too cute they're talking about it and he's willing to go out of his way to get something for me to help.

WoW, I'm rambling. sorry. This is what I do when I currently have nothing to worry about. LOL. Ahhh, the perks of anxiety.

So I HAD to look up fertility bracelets...I dunno, I know how to make jewelry so some of the "magic" is lost on me, but I did find some pretty stuff I'd consider wearing http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFertileGarden.

My DH was looking at a toddler yesterday and dinner and smiling...which he rarely does. Sigh. It's great when they want it as much as we do.

Praying this is your month Kay!!

I thought I'd try the softcups and used them during AF to get comfortable with them but wow, they were down right painful for me so I won't be using them anymore.

yeah. All i had to go off of was the picture on the box, but they looked... big That was another reason my DH was like "ummm, maybe not." lol. I think what we're doing this cycle will help. I'm glad to be charting becuase now I'll know for sure that I AM Oing. Our biggest problem has been BDing at the right times I think... so we gotta get down to business this month. My DH was SO disappointed on Friday night when I told him I started, so hopefully we can get on the same page this month. I'm ready for AF to be gone! lol.

LOL, that's the first thing I thought when I saw the softcup...wow, it's huge ! It wouldn't insert all the way for me and I still feel bruised (I used them for two days thinking maybe I just needed to get used to it...tried removing/reinserting but nope).

(((Hugs))) for you both! Praying this is your month !!!

Lol- I had some involuntary clenching when I read your the comments about the soft cups! No thanks!

I'm going to concentrate on healthy diet, exercise, and relaxing. I'm hoping that and some optimism helps! :-)

The fertility bracelets look pretty!

Kelly - OMG! You still feel bruised?! Yep, that seals the deal for me, I won't try them. lol. I'd rather stand on my head!

I'm really hoping this is your month also!! I read somewhere else that you're hoping for twins? that would be awesome!! "

Bennett - Yeah. My DH's friend brought it to him at work today, and my DH sent me a pic. It is really pretty! At least if I"m going to wear something, it's pretty. lol.

Relaxing is going to be my main thing. I have anxiety issues, so it's hard... but I really need to find a way to do so! At least if I'm relaxed, even if we don't conceive, AF wont be late like it has been the last few cycles.

Will someone look at my chart? I know it's only been a few days, but I feel like my temp is weird! It's all over the place. I expected it to be closer together? IDK. I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right!

What I see is this: the decline to a baseline during your AF, and the temp today is fine. What you'll see is a flucation between the first (high) temp and that lowest temp (could even go lower) until you O, then you'll see temps at least 0.4 degrees higher than your highest temp for at least 3-4 days until your LP is over OR you get a BFP and it stays up.

Are you taking your temp orally or vaginally? Mine was very up and down with oral so I switched to vag. Either way I think it looks normal so far...you're doing great !

I'm amazed that mine isn't crazier because I temp anywhere from 5am to 8am but I had a +opk that coincided with an obvious temp shift last cycle. So even though I can't be very consistent with timing due to a bfing/cosleeping toddler it still works for me . All that to say try not to stress over it too much and keep at it (((hugs)))! LOL, although easier said than done...I was a nut last cycle wondering if I was doing it right but I feel much more relaxed this cycle knowing it doesn't have to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    What I see is this: the decline to a baseline during your AF, and the temp today is fine. What you'll see is a flucation between the first (high) temp and that lowest temp (could even go lower) until you O, then you'll see temps at least 0.4 degrees higher than your highest temp for at least 3-4 days until your LP is over OR you get a BFP and it stays up.
    That is a great explanation Natalie!! You remind me of my dh...you're good at simplifying things and making them more understandable. Are you an engineer by any chance?

Thanks ladies!! I just wanted to make sure it was ok! Im doing it orally, Kelly. There's no way I could wake up at 6am and temp vaginally. I'm half asleep as it is! LOL. It could be wonky because I've fallen asleep in the mere 60 seconds it takes to take my temp and have had to start over. at least it's within normal, I'll take it! I thought I'd hate doing it, which is why I avoided it until now, but really I look forward to it. I like knowing what my body is up to! I'll be so excited when I get that hike in temp! LOL

I've used Pre Seed before. Don't know that it gave me my BFP but it helped when Clomid dried me out. I also take Mucinex starting on CD10 twice a day. I also regularly use the Instead cups when TTCing and I love them. I rarely have issues getting them in and once they are in, I don't feel them. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Thanks Kelly!! I tried engineering but the program I was in wasn't a fit for me. I'm a geospatial analyst. I make pretty maps from satellite images.

What is the point of the Mucinex? I've heard of people taking Robitussin also, but I don't really understand how it would help.

I'm with you Kay, I've heard of taking aspirin too, which I can sort of understand, but not the others.

Yeah. I feel like they're made to dry up mucus... not make more!

Guaifenesin thins out your mucus to make it more fluid and less sticky; a lot of people think this helps the sperm move through it and be conducted up where we want them to go better! You want to make REALLY sure not to take the "D" products that have an antihistimine, etc., because that does dry you up, but plain Robitussin or Mucinex can be helpful, esp. if you're low on natural EWCM. Hope that's helpful!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by saramice View Post
    Guaifenesin thins out your mucus to make it more fluid and less sticky; a lot of people think this helps the sperm move through it and be conducted up where we want them to go better! You want to make REALLY sure not to take the "D" products that have an antihistimine, etc., because that does dry you up, but plain Robitussin or Mucinex can be helpful, esp. if you're low on natural EWCM. Hope that's helpful!
    This. Do not take the Mucinex D (with pseudaphederine). That will dry you out, including drying up your breastmilk. That's what happened to me. I had a bad sinus infection when DS was about 4.5 months old. I read that pseudaphederine will decrease your milk supply but that it should come back after it is out of your system. I held out as long as I could but I was so miserable I ended up taking it and unfortunately for me, it never really came back. We barely made it to 6 months BFing before it was gone But the regular Mucinex is great for TTCing!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Interesting... I had no noticeable ewcm last month, maybe I should try that next month if the case is the same this month. The only reason I don't want to try it now is that I just started charting CM last month and I want to allow for a learning curve and not over do it.

Drinking lots of water helps with EWCM too!

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Interesting! Thanks for the info ladies. maybe if I don't get my bfp this month, i'll try it!

well it's been a week since i ordered my stuff off amazon, and I still don't have it. estimated delivery was Thursday-Tuesday, so it's looking like it may be Tuesday before it gets here. i'm waiting on my fertile tea and fertileaid for me and Dh both. do you think that would be too late in the cycle to start these things?