Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Baby names

  1. #1

    Default Baby names

    Breaking out of the NET because it is SO quiet in here and I would love to bring some of the bustling activity from there out into the rest of the room again. So let's talk baby names. What are your favorites? If you already have children what are their names?

    My two girls are Ava Grace and Olivia Noelle. I tend to like old fashion names for girls.

    My top girl names are Lily, Ruby, and Emma.

    Top boy names are Noah, Judah, Nathaniel, and Evan.




  2. #2

    Default

    We have an Eloise Isabella.

    Top list of names that we had when we were pregnant with Eloise were...they will likely be used for further children unless we decide we like something better at the point in time.

    Violet, Josie, Norah and Amelia, Molly.
    Josiah, Niles, Grayson, Emmett, Jackson.
    Mother to seven flying, called home too soon.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    We have picked out our names. In my family, there are no family names---everyone, to the extent of their knowledge of the family tree--picks a unique name. In my DH family, they honor the family with family names, my DH is the Jr. of his father.

    In order to honor both traditions of our family, the first names are unique and the middle name honors a family member.

    Girl: Abigail Lillian (one of my great-aunts)
    Boy: William Owen (after DH father)

    It will be tricky if our 2nd is a repeat gender LOL
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Oh I love talking baby names... but I'm not going to until I know I need to. We have names picked out, and haven't told a soul! All I can say though, is I hope we have a girl because we can't agree on boy names to save our lives! LOL. Knowing my luck, we'll have all boys.
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

  5. #5

    Default

    Dds name is Rylie Alesia. If I ever have another girl DH and I agree on Payton (maybe Peyton, haven't decided yet). We don't agree on middle names. I like jade for a middle name and he says absolutely not!

    For I boy I want Jarod Carl. I love the name Jarod and Carl is after my dad. Then I want my madian name as a 2nd middle name and then our last name. DH has settled for Jarod as the name althought he insists I. The spelling be Jared. And he also doesn't like the idea of 2 middle names either but no one has to now but us. He says if no one knows but is ten what's the point of having 2 middle names. He will lose this battle lol. The only boy name DH likes is James a d I absolutely refuse to name my son James!! Only because its sooooo popular.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunegirl View Post
    Dds name is Rylie Alesia. If I ever have another girl DH and I agree on Payton (maybe Peyton, haven't decided yet). We don't agree on middle names. I like jade for a middle name and he says absolutely not!

    For I boy I want Jarod Carl. I love the name Jarod and Carl is after my dad. Then I want my madian name as a 2nd middle name and then our last name. DH has settled for Jarod as the name althought he insists I. The spelling be Jared. And he also doesn't like the idea of 2 middle names either but no one has to now but us. He says if no one knows but is ten what's the point of having 2 middle names. He will lose this battle lol. The only boy name DH likes is James a d I absolutely refuse to name my son James!! Only because its sooooo popular.
    How did I not know your DD's name? So cute and it suits her.




  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tee-Ah View Post
    We have an Eloise Isabella.

    Top list of names that we had when we were pregnant with Eloise were...they will likely be used for further children unless we decide we like something better at the point in time.

    Violet, Josie, Norah and Amelia, Molly.
    Josiah, Niles, Grayson, Emmett, Jackson.
    I love all of your girl names. They are so old fashion and beautiful! Are you guys going to be trying again soon?




  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    How did I not know your DD's name? So cute and it suits her.
    Thank you!!

    I forgot to mention that her middle name is pronounced like Alisha. My dad picked Alesia as my older sisters middle name after a band he grew up listening to in his home town. My sister then gave the middle name to her daughter and then I used it for my daughter. Neither DH and I like the name but we love the story behind it I hope when my niece and daughter have girls they both carry on the Alesia middle name.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    How did I not know your DD's name? So cute and it suits her.
    Double post
    Last edited by dunegirl; 04-11-2013 at 12:49 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    This is fun! Well DH and I have decided both boy and girl names as we are trying for our first.
    Girl- Lillian Louise - Lilly Lou (at least while she is little). But I kinda like the idea of Louise as a first name to.
    Boy - Joseph Benjamin - Joah. (We have to many Joe's in our family, and DH want's him named after him.)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East China MI
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Aww I love talking baby names!

    My future choices are Alexis Victoria for a girl and Leo James for a boy. DH likes Alexis and Victoria is after my Mom. Leo is a name I like and DH's grandpa and James is DH middle name.

    Also my brother plans to name his kids William (Liam), Lennon and Lydia so my Moms grand kids would be Lexie, Leo, Liam, Lennon and Lydia which I think is cute

  12. #12

    Default

    My kids are named Kayla Lillie, Kenley Elise and Tyler James. If we are lucky enough to have a fourth, I can only think of girls names so far. Arabella and Violet are really the only two on the list to consider.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    My kids are Dallas, Damon, and Adriana DH's name is Darren, my name is Autumn...so Dallas and Damon are named with his initial first, mine second "Da". And Adriana is my initial first and his second "Ad". Not planning on having anymore, but if we do, it'll prob be another "Ad" name to even it out...Addyson and Aden are my top for girl and boy....but not sure lol...
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,429

    Default

    You ladies have great taste in names!! Our next will be Evangeline Juniper (E.J.) or Reuben Timothy. I also like Jubilee Eliana and Thaddeus Robert (my dad and brother are Robert). I looooove picking out girl names but boy names...not so much . Dh and I have completely different taste in names but always manage to work it out...lol, so far, we have no nameless children .

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Names are so hard for my DH and I to agree on.
    We have a Preston Charles and Hanna Marie.

    Honestly we have no other names picked out, we have thrown a few around but thats it. When we do get pregnant again we have also talked about not finding out the sex since we already have 1 of each. I guess that would give us 9 months to decide lol.



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    855

    Default

    For a girl, it would be Riley (still not sure on which spelling I plan on using) Ann.
    For a boy it will be Jack or Owen....not sure on the middle names.....
    I have a while to figure out the rest.....It may be a while until I am able to give any names to children..............

  17. #17

    Default

    We have Grayson Matthew. Grayson has been my favorite boy name for as long as I can remember, and Matthew is the book of the Bible with my favorite verse.

    For a girl, the only name that DH and I agree on is Molly. I also like Elisabeth (nn Beth). DH hates this spelling though, and I don't want it spelled with a /z/ because I already have an aunt with the same name.

    For a boy, I tend to gravitate towards names that end with an /n/. I like Deacon, Logan, and Declan. I also like Tate and Bennett, which don't have an /n/ at the end. DH's favorite boy name is Chip, which I absolutely do not like.

    I'm not sure DH and I will ever agree on a name. Grayson was kind of a premarital agreement
    Last edited by GatorGRITS; 04-12-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14


    Lost a loved baby 9/2012

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Elizabeth - I love the name Riley! I have wanted a little girl named Ryleigh (leigh is my middle name. prnounced Lee) for as long as I can remember. Of course I married the one guy that hates it. So it probably won't happen.
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

  19. #19

    Default

    Our boy name has always been Paul Raymond, after his dad and mine, both deceased.

    Girl names are up in the air. Right now, my top three are Claire, Gretchen and Molly.


    2/09 6/09 4/14

  20. #20

    Default

    I love talking names
    We have Xander Dominic, Jericho Miles, Hayden Cheyenne and Lily Isabella.

    I think we will probably go with Marshall if we have another boy. I also love Leo, Maxwell, Julian, Quinten, Milo, Rafael and Micah.
    Girls are a little tougher. DH is in LOVE with Cordelia...I am not sure of it because we already have a Xander. Other names I love are Amelia, Sophia, Willa, Ruby, Eliza, Matilda, Scarlett and Evangeline.

    ~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripMomma View Post
    I love talking names
    We have Xander Dominic, Jericho Miles, Hayden Cheyenne and Lily Isabella.

    I think we will probably go with Marshall if we have another boy. I also love Leo, Maxwell, Julian, Quinten, Milo, Rafael and Micah.
    Girls are a little tougher. DH is in LOVE with Cordelia...I am not sure of it because we already have a Xander. Other names I love are Amelia, Sophia, Willa, Ruby, Eliza, Matilda, Scarlett and Evangeline.
    I love all your kids names!




  22. #22

    Default

    It's so weird to me when people have a list of 2+ names picked out only because DH and I can not agree on names....dd was almost nameless

    I love Hanna Marie!! That is super pretty!!! A lot of names I like I can't use because of my last name....I can't use names that start with the letter H or ends with the letter N or it world totally clash and sound awful with my last name.

    We are in limbo about using Payton because it ends in "on" and my last name end in The same sound.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunegirl View Post
    It's so weird to me when people have a list of 2+ names picked out only because DH and I can not agree on names....dd was almost nameless

    I love Hanna Marie!! That is super pretty!!! A lot of names I like I can't use because of my last name....I can't use names that start with the letter H or ends with the letter N or it world totally clash and sound awful with my last name.

    We are in limbo about using Payton because it ends in "on" and my last name end in The same sound.
    I have a few names that I love that can't be used because of our last name. Garrett and Charlotte. Our last name ends with double T's and I just think it is overkill to have a first and last name ending in double T's.




  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    I love all your kids names!
    Aww thank you

    ~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Our DS name is Andrew Joseph, for future boy names we just have Everett Nathaniel. For a girl we have Eleanor Grace.

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    I love all of your girl names. They are so old fashion and beautiful! Are you guys going to be trying again soon?

    Ehh...we're not really trying, so if it happens...it happens but I doubt it will happen on it's own since it took us 5+ years and 5 losses to get DD.
    Mother to seven flying, called home too soon.



  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,989

    Default

    We have Ireland Gael, Oliver James and DSS is Kaleb Wesley.
    I refuse to think about names even though I love it because I don't want to jinx myself lol.
    DS was going to be Aurelia if he was a girl and DD was going to be Benjamin if she was a boy.
    DD (7) DS (4) DSS (8)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •