Thread: What do you wash your baby's clothes with?

Default What do you wash your baby's clothes with?

For our clothes, I use a homemade detergent consisting of borax, baking soda, washing soda, and fels-naptha soap. I'm not sure if this is ok to use on the baby's clothes? I know I won't be able to use it on the cloth diapers.
    Also looking for a co-sleeper (attached to the bed) that isn't ridden with chemicals and preferably is NOT made in China. Any suggestions?

I would use the same exact thing on baby's clothing. If you find that the baby is irritated, you could switch it up. I use Ruby moon's cloth diaper detergent. She does add fragrances. I am unsure if she has a fragrance free version.

i use for diapers, clothes and everything 7th generation.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

I make detergent for my DD's clothes using what you posted, but I sub Ivory instead of Fels Naptha because she's highly sensitive to any fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by MomOfAnOnly View Post
    I make detergent for my DD's clothes using what you posted, but I sub Ivory instead of Fels Naptha because she's highly sensitive to any fragrance.
    This although right now DS uses our regular stuff but I need to make some...

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)

I used that homemade soap you described for all of our clothes, including diapers for years. Then I started using Ecover because I used all my homemade. After I had Sawyer I switched back to my homemade stuff and I started this awful itchy rash. Once I narrowed it down to that detergent being the only thing different, I stopped using it and now we are back to Ecover and my rash is gone.

I use detergent and washing soda for DS clothes.

We make homemade laundry soap but instead of Fels Naptha (which is just WAY too smelly for me) we use Dr. Bronner's bar soap in whatever scent we feel like.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

we use homemade laundry detergents too. Using the same ingredients listed. We've played around with different bar soaps like the PP use. Whatever smell works better. I find that it's cleared up the skin reactions on my DH and my youngest son. Even when I was using All Free and Clear it still was causing eczema with sensitive skin. The homemade is much better.

Brenda

I use soap nuts now! Boil them to make a liquid and add essential oils.

I did Charlie's up until the trio turned one. I got the gigantic bucket from Amazon and it lasted over a year. Now we use a powder that is not natural (it's in Spanish & from the $1 store. until I get around to making my own
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11