Thread: What do you wash your baby's clothes with?

Hybrid View

Default What do you wash your baby's clothes with?

For our clothes, I use a homemade detergent consisting of borax, baking soda, washing soda, and fels-naptha soap. I'm not sure if this is ok to use on the baby's clothes? I know I won't be able to use it on the cloth diapers.
    Also looking for a co-sleeper (attached to the bed) that isn't ridden with chemicals and preferably is NOT made in China. Any suggestions?

I would use the same exact thing on baby's clothing. If you find that the baby is irritated, you could switch it up. I use Ruby moon's cloth diaper detergent. She does add fragrances. I am unsure if she has a fragrance free version.

i use for diapers, clothes and everything 7th generation.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

I make detergent for my DD's clothes using what you posted, but I sub Ivory instead of Fels Naptha because she's highly sensitive to any fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by MomOfAnOnly View Post
    I make detergent for my DD's clothes using what you posted, but I sub Ivory instead of Fels Naptha because she's highly sensitive to any fragrance.
    This although right now DS uses our regular stuff but I need to make some...

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

I used that homemade soap you described for all of our clothes, including diapers for years. Then I started using Ecover because I used all my homemade. After I had Sawyer I switched back to my homemade stuff and I started this awful itchy rash. Once I narrowed it down to that detergent being the only thing different, I stopped using it and now we are back to Ecover and my rash is gone.