Thread: my 20 weeks ultra sound scan

Default my 20 weeks ultra sound scan

Hi all ,,,it was a shock for me and my husband that our fourth baby is going to have clift lip in her right side and a possible palate too ...our other three kids ( boy and 2 girls ) were 100% normal ....am sad and feeling lost since i did my scan ...if any one has any information a bout my case please reply...thank you

I can imagine how hard that would be to find out. I don't have experience with this, but didn't want to read your post and not reply. Is this something that may be able to be corrected with surgery? Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way!
    ~Andrea~

I'm sorry you got scary news at your scan. Hopefully the baby's lip can be easily fixed with surgery. It will be hard to have your baby go through surgery but take the time until you give birth to research drs and totally prepare yourself. Good luck and thinking of you!

I was concerned about this myself because my DH was born with a cleft lip. With a couple of surgeries, you LO will be fine. I suggest finding a good doctor and being prepared through research. There are good websites with info if you google it. We are lucky enough that her lip is not cleft but I still worry about her palate. Good luck!

thanks for the good thoughts ,,,god bless you all ,,,i will meet the surgeon dr next tuesday to go over the situation ...i hope things will be better than what am thinking ,,,,thxxxx again

I have no experience hun but just wanted to send you some I wish you the best of luck in the future
    Me (25) DH (28) Pregnant With Baby #1 Lost An Angel 5/2/13

Best of luck to you and your baby. I think that with the right preparation and resources, everything will be ok!!!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

They have come a long way with surgical procedures over the last 50 years. My SIL was born with cleft lip and palate and it was repaired when she was a baby. It's a much more precise surgery these days, with better results and faster healing. Hang in there!
    Vicki 39 DH45 SD12 SS9
    DS Hudson Sept 23, 2009!
    DS Trevor July 29, 2012!
    "Fat babies have no pride" - Lyle Lovett

I have 2 friends who have had babies with cleft lip/palate. Their surgeries (2 for the baby with palate involvement, just one for the one with cleft lip) were perfect and the results were great. It is always hard when our babies have to have medical procedures, but these surgeries are done frequently. I hope the surgeon will put your mind at ease