Thread: Positive??

Hybrid View

Talking Positive??

Hey,

I took a pregnancy test this morning and I thought that it was negative... being early and in the semi dark, I didn't see anything after I let it sit for about 5 - 10 minutes. I went back to sleep and when I woke up this morning I saw a very faint blue line. I have taken pregnancy tests before that were negative, and looked at them a couple hours later just to see ( I know they say not to ) and there hasn't ever been anything residual left over, but today there was! I wanted to ask you your opinions... will attach a picture. It was a equaline blue dye test. I am going to get a FR from the store later and retest, but just thought I would see that you thought. Thanks!

- Sierra

PS. Could not attach image, since file size was too large through photo bucket and general upload, but here is the direct link.

Link: http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps11d09bfd.png

Let me know if you can access or not! Thanks!
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

I do see it... but with it being a blue dye test and the fact that you read it after the time limit, makes me think your plan to get a First Response is a very good idea. Also, is it normal for truly positive blue dye tests to be so faded looking? Because to me it kind of looks more like an evap line given how the positive line has that sort of gradient effect? I don't know... I just personally don't trust the blue dye tests to begin with lol. Hope you get your BFP & KUP

I would definitely go get a FRER! That is just too many variables to consider it positive! I really hope it is though! Good luck!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I hope it is but from the pic, it looks like an evaporation line. Good luck!
    Jenny 32, Jason 34, 1 cat, 12/09

So I tested with a FR, It was negative, but my period isn't due for a couple of days, so I will retest in a few if I am still late. Those darn evap lines!! ARGH... so I am now in limbo for a few more days... OIY... this is frustrating, I have been having some symtoms and stuff that I noticed. Just don't want to get my hopes up... Hopefully I will know for sure soon...

Kup! & truck loads of !!!!!! Good luck!

I have been SUPER tired today... Just had to take a 2 hour nap, and even slept in this morning. This has been going on a few days now... Maybe a symptom?? Even tried BDing last night to see if that would trigger AF (usually does) 2 negative tests so far though, supposed to get AF by tomorrow then I will be late after that. Any suggestions on when I should test again? My cervix seems pretty high too?

Could be a symptom! I hope it is, because fatigue is my biggest thing right now! So for the both of us, I hope it is!! I would test whenever you're comfortable... but if I were you, probably day after tomorrow because you'd be officially late then!!! kup! Good luck! &

Back is killing me tonight, has been achy before but it is pretty achy today... Went out and got a 5 pack of Answers test strips. So I can test again tomorrow morning. Fun stuff... Baby dust to you too!!

BFN for me this morning. Can't wait to hear from you though after you test this morning!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Hey, BFN for me too this morning, but last time I was pregnant I didn't get a BFP until I was a week late. Don't loose hope yet! There just may not be enough hcg to pick up in your system yet, especially if you ovulated later . Baby dust to you too, I will retest again in a few days, so far still having fatigue and lower back is constantly aching...

I read about ovulation tests showing up positive if you are pregnant too... I thought about going and picking one up, since they pick up LH which is in your system when you are pregnant too. It is identical to HCG, except for a funny little marker on it... I didn't want to take an ovulation test though and have that come out neg, since that method isn't entirely reliable... But yeah, at this point just a waiting game.

Keep me posted

Thanks, that gives me hope. I'm not technically late yet. My period could start any day this week... so I'm hoping it holds off and I'll retest sometime later in the week. Good luck to you as well, let me know when you decide to test again. I'll be thinking of you.

Hey,

So I decided to retest next Monday... I was getting a little POS crazy there for a few days, and wanting to test and retest and retest again, since I have been having the same symptoms... lower back ache, being more tired then usual, having had some food aversions earlier last week, crampiness. It was pretty emotionally draining testing for a few days in a row and not having any good info come back. I do tend to have irregular cycles that can run longer sometimes. I am thinking that this could be one of those times, so I decided that if AF doesn't show up by next Monday, then I should be good to go testing wise. Hoping AF holds off, we weren't trying this month, but that false positive I got earlier this week just really vamped up my desire for a little one, and I have been having some FEELINGS this month... I am not sure if it just my stubbornness kicking in and not wanting to say I am not pregnant, since I have been feeling pregnant... but yeah. I think we have all had these nutso months... this whole thing is just one giant ride... I will be happy when I know what is happening though. Part of me is worried that if I am not pregnant, then all this lower back pain could be something much worse that has to do with my PCOS, and I am hoping that is not it... Well anywho, I will reply here again once AF shows up or by next Monday when I decide to test again.

@KayDub, keep us posted on your results! BABYDUST!

Sounds like a plan. I was upset with myself for testing early. I knew I shouldn't and did anyway and was let down. So my DH and I have decided to not test until Friday. My period could start anywhere from yesterday to Thursday, so Friday would be a good day to test! I hope she stays away for both of us! cant wait to hear from you Monday!

Red face

Oh My Gerd... CRAMPS... just sitting here being crampy... I feel like a nap too. LOL... If this is actually PMS, worst PMSing month ever! lol. Glad you are testing Friday! I can't wait to hear back from you too! I think I would be due in November if preggers, stalked that room a little today, lol.

I've been stalking that room too. Sometimes I forget where I am and post. no one has yelled at me yet, but I really need to stop. lol. I'd really love a November baby. Fall is my fave time of the year. Of course, I'd be happy whenever it happens, but sooner would be better than later! I don't feel like I have much going on anymore. My CM is dried up. My boobs hurt, and that's about it. I feel like AF is right around the corner, but i'm trying to stay positive. i posted in "waiting' in ttc something i found online today that made me really hopeful. I'm clinging to that. I hope you're not PMSing!!! I hope its all a good sign!

How are things on your end Ocean? AF still staying away? Still no sign of her here, and I hope it stays that way!!

Update, AF showed this morning. I am a bit relieved, since I would really like to loose some weight before getting preggers, so I can have an easier pregnancy. Wish me luck in loosing 70 lbs. 185 to 115 here I go

Well I'm glad you're not too upset! Losing weight before TTC is a great goal to have. I lost 65lbs last year to get ready for it! I used Weight Watchers in case that's something you're interested in. It worked great for me! Good luck with your journey and keep in touch!

BFN for me this morning and still no sign of AF. I'm so frustrated and confused. IDK WTF my body is doing. Ugh.

Smile

Hey KayDub,

Thanks for the advice on Weight Watchers, I have really been thinking about joining up... I need the group support for loosing the weight, have tried on my own for a long time, and don't always follow through on it. I have been trying to eat better lately and making some small changes. I would love to hear more about how you lost your weight, since I have the about the same amount to loose as you have! PM me if you want. I am sorry your body is giving you such a hard time . It took a couple days of just chilling out with my mom to get AF to show... I hope she stays away for you though. Baby Dust to you!! (I will read your other posts to see how you've been!)