Thread: Anyone deal with thyroid issues?

Default Anyone deal with thyroid issues?

I'm on an involuntary break from ttc My blood work that my primary dr took led to me getting an ultrasound of my neck which revealed that I have parathyroid nodules. Also my calcium is high. The surgeon(I was supposed to get a biopsy) he referred me to wants me to get an xray, which I'm doing this Friday. I believe they're going to inject me with something and see what's going on in there. Apparently the ultrasound showed a shadow and if the xray shows IDK what... I'm kinda confused but if the xray shows bad stuff I guess I may have to have surgery to remove the nodules. Or I could have cancer. (Dr Google said that) It's annoying 'cause I honestly don't totally understand everything. The surgeon talked to my very briefly and it was a very annoying visit. I waited an hour for him to get to me and I was under the impression I was having a biopsy that day. He came in and said he wanted an xray before cutting into me which I guess is a good thing, but I was pissed they couldn't just tell me that over the phone.

Anyway, after a lot of BS with the surgeon's office I finally got my xray appointment that they set up for me. Ready to get that over with and see what the next step is. On one hand, I'm super frustrated to have to quit trying for now but on the other I hope maybe this is that last puzzle piece that needs to get figured out.
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

I am so sorry about your parathyroid causing you to need to take a break but I really hope this gets taken care of ASAP so you can get back to ttc and be even stronger and healthier!!

I don't have nodules, so no advice with that, but I do have hypothyroidism and that was one of the things my RE was very aggressive about treating immediately. From what I understand, nodules can be treated very easily and even if it is cancerous, it's one of the easier ones to treat. I hope this is the answer for you.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Thank you ladies so much for responding! I had an X-ray this morning and have to go back soon for another one. He injected something in me and I guess the 2nd scan shows different stuff? I should probably start asking more questions.
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

GL! I hope you get good results (and answers!) today

(((Big big hugs)))!!!! Thinking of you and praying you get answers! I don't have experience with the parathyroid glands but I do have thyroid disease which I think is a lot different than the parathyroid...not sure.

I'm so sorry you've had to put ttc on hold but hopefully correcting this issue will get you a bfp soon!

I hope you get some answers from these scans. I haven't had any thyroid issues, but it seems like once they figure out why it is out of whack, it's a pretty easy fix and you should be able to move forward with TTC soon after that.

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!